1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale Sei bass 5 custom UNIQUE woods Armstrong pickups John East preamp MUST SEE

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by goes to 11, Aug 19, 2018.

1. goes to 11

goes to 11 Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Price:
    Strings:
    IMG_2902. IMG_2918. IMG_2917. IMG_2914. IMG_2910. IMG_2903. IMG_2900. IMG_2906. IMG_2905. IMG_2904. IMG_2915. IMG_2913. IMG_2916. IMG_2909. IMG_2908. IMG_2902. IMG_2901. Made by the best luthier in London - Martin Peterson. I have had numerous Sei basses and this one is top notch in craftsmanship. You wont be let down. Absolutely excellent condition. I found no dings or scratches although it is used. t is pretty close to new looking. This will be the one that got away from me and I will regret losing it but I just don't play as much anymore. Has ultra silky satin finish over exotic woods. Well balanced with no neck dive. These are rare in the U.S. and you would have to pay big for shipping and “duty” taxes. I MAY consider shipping overseas. MAYBE. 34 inch scale neck. Buy with confidence – my EBAY rating has over 770 positive reviews.

· High end woods – highly figured claro walnut on front AND back which is rare, swamp ash body core, 7 piece neck with wenge and maple give tone galore.

· Neck thru body for better tone and sustain

· Phenolic nut with John East preamp

· Gotoh tuners

· Scrolling pickup selector gives you any tone quickly.

· 3 band active eq gives you tonal change on the fly

· Unique sweepable midrange

· Easily adjustable ABM bridge but you wont need too since the action is so nice

· back of neck is nice and flat for more natural quick easy playing.

Low ultra easy action with plenty of room for slapping.

· This bass gets serious tone and any sound you want between the woods, active EQ and sweepable eq with 2 volume knobs so you can eailsy control each pickup

· Comes with hard shell case in pic.

· Has strap locks and hard shell case

· Selling locally so could go at any time.

· Excelent CONDITION

· I’m in no hurry to sell so not interested in lowballs. We all have those basses that got away – this one will be that for me.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
  2. aquabass

aquabass Supporting Member

Jul 17, 2015
    Bay Area, California
    now thats just nastyyyyyy

mustBmtd and goes to 11 like this.
  3. goes to 11

Sep 13, 2012
    and it sounds evil so ya got evil AND nasty. lol

4. since when is London considered exotic?

5. goes to 11

Sep 13, 2012
    Sir, The ad doesn't say London is exotic but that the woods are. Although I've never been there so maybe it is to me .lol

6. Sorry if I offended you, I was trying to be funny as the ad said something like exotic woods from London or something. I grew up a couple hours away by train ride so in my mind London or Berlin are the last places you would consider exotic.

7. goes to 11

Sep 13, 2012
    No offense sir. No worries at all. Have you heard of the basses and Matin Peterson?

raal likes this.
  8. Martin Petersen not but Sei basses yes, one of the big UK boutique names for sure

DrZ and goes to 11 like this.
  9. DrZ

DrZ Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2009
    South Florida
    This is an Awesome Bass!!!

goes to 11 likes this.
  10. xabicho

xabicho Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Long Beach, California
    Roger Guitars
    What kind of pickups?

11. goes to 11

Sep 13, 2012
    Oops. supposed I didn't list that. Armstrong pickups with a John East preamp. Sounds great. I have had many high end basses, including Drozd, Warrior, Real Tobias, Benevente and Marleaux (which I am also currently selling). These pickups are HIGHLY responsive to where you place your right hand giving you any tone you want.

12. string spacing at bridge?

13. goes to 11

Sep 13, 2012
    I'm not sure and don't want to give inaccurate info. Does this help? IMG_3244.

14. goes to 11

Sep 13, 2012
    just double checked and it looks to me to be 19mm string spacing at the bridge cuz it feels wider than my other 17. There is plenty of space between the strings for advanced right hand technique. Hope that helps.

15. goes to 11

Sep 13, 2012
    Just remembered this also has 2 midrange frequency controls - one is sweepable.

16. WalWarrior

WalWarrior Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2006
    MD suburbs
    Sei's are fantastic instruments. Does this one have LED's?

goes to 11 likes this.
  17. goes to 11

Sep 13, 2012
    this one doesn't but my previous one did. It was headless though and I just could get used to that.

18. CentralCoastBass

CentralCoastBass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2004
    SLO, CA
    Absolutely stunning!

goes to 11 likes this.
  19. goes to 11

Sep 13, 2012
    Thankyou. And also in stunning condition. This will be the one I let get away.