seinfeld sound!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by peladox, Jan 31, 2006.

1. peladox

Aug 3, 2004
    does anybody knows what bass or effects its play in the theme song of seinfeld!?!?! i love that soundd!
    i think that is a wah wah but i really don know! please somebody! :D
  2. Samurai

Sep 13, 2003
    It's a keyboard set to a slap bass patch, no effects.
  3. dunamis

Aug 2, 2004
    Yep. A keyboard. Sad, but true.
  4. ditto..that's exactly what I was wondering a few years ago until I was told..killa sound but unfortunately not a bass..:eyebrow:
  5. peladox

Aug 3, 2004
    damn! thats so unfair,
  6. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Yep, keyboard. I can get much closer with my DX7 than I can with my Marcus Miller Jazz.
  7. *ironic descending trombone scale*

8. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger

Sep 22, 2005
  9. NOOOOooooo!!!!!

Don't do it!!:D
  10. Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
  11. :meh:

maybe for keyboard freaks stuck in a 1990 time warp, but I hate it! No groove either.
  12. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    No groove? Dude--it's Seinfeld.

You want groove, listen to "The Streetsweeper" (aka "Sanford and Son" Theme). :bassist:
  13. My biggest pet peeve -- when I'm slapping my bass and everyone listening says "Seinfeld!!" :mad: :spit:

I ask them if they know Marcus Miller, Larry Graham, or Stanley Clarke. They usually say no.

If ignorance is bliss, I know a lot of blissful people.
  14. dunamis

Aug 2, 2004
    Yeah! Jamerson!:)
  15. dunamis

Aug 2, 2004

How do we get respect as bass players? My g****r player onec told me that he thought bass players are usually kinda creepy. Hanging back in the shadows there by the THE DRUMMER of all people. And we all know that drummers are only slightly ahead of cro-magnon man on the evolutionary ladder.:p

I guess we can at least be thankful we're not drummers!
  16. TL5

Jun 27, 2005
    The closest I've heard to that exact sound was with an older Proteus synth module. That 'slap bass' patch was darn near spot on.
  17. no no, "play higher ground!!"

eeeeeuuuurrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhh (ala Lurch from the Adams Family.)

The Northern Exposure theme. Mmmm, fretless...

More likely he feels threatened by them or inferior to them. The most emotionally stable and content people I know are bass players and drummers.

But, while we're in the mood for some sweeping generalisations... Guitarists are often restless and moody while vocalists are insecure and cover-up by being extroverted.

Amazing where these threads end up isn't it?
  18. peladox

Aug 3, 2004
    the guitarrist and the singer are the ones that are less productive por a band, the bass and drums are the base of the song but the audience dont even note that! :(
  19. adept_inept

Jan 9, 2006
    seriously, the seinfeld thing is so annoying.

every goddamn day.

and i try to explain. its pretty hard to even get that tone. let aloen lack of groove.

then i'll bust out sum cool tapping thing or complex slap riff.

but its never good enufff.. :rollno: