Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

seinfeld

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Thunderbird91, Mar 16, 2006.

1. Its my favorite show.

16 vote(s)
    17.6%
  2. I love it.

41 vote(s)
    45.1%
  3. I like it.

13 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. Its ok.

3 vote(s)
    3.3%
  5. It sucks.

6 vote(s)
    6.6%
  6. Some shows are funny but for the most part uninspiring.

10 vote(s)
    11.0%
  7. Horrible.

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  1. I love it. Possibly my favorite show.

What do you think of it?

[​IMG]

2. Amazing writing, but it's only after not seeing an ep of it for several years and then watching it again that I realize how incredibly raunchy the show was. :meh:

3. hmmm... raunchy? explain.

4. Snarf

Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    LOVE IT

Would probably be my favorite show if not for the Star Treks in the Next Generation universe.

5. Down here we used to get it on endless re-run. I never really watched it, then started to and I enjoyed it. The one where Kramer had the golf clubs in the boot was very funny.

The one where they got lost in the carpark was cool too.

6. Even my most foulmouthed, non-religious friends would be a little more circumspect when speaking about sexual matters.

People from East Asia watch Seinfeld and Friends reruns and think that America must be the most oversexed country in the world, which it ain't by a long shot. (Brazil, Denmark, I'm looking at you. ;) )

7. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Seinfeld was a great TV show in more ways than one. Even if Bob Sacamano didn't really exist.

8. [​IMG]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

9. Do you enjoy "Curb Your Enthusiasm" too? It's far more risque, but you can definitely tell that its written by the same guy.

10. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    can't stand it.

11. Basshole

Basshole Banned

Jan 28, 2005
    Yeah, can't stand that show either.

NOT FUNNY.

12. "CYE" makes me suspect that if I met Larry David, I wouldn't know whether to shake his hand or rip out his larynx. Possibly both!

13. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I don't have HBO, but Larry David is a funny guy. I'd give it a shot.

14. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Seinfeld is it for me. I don't like sitcoms, but this is the exception. I really, really like the show.

-Mike

15. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    One of the many examples of why I unplugged my TV a decade ago.

16. thats a shame. well if it was a decade you only missed the last two seasons. :D

17. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Show them some family guy.

18. Family Guy is like The Simpsons on crack--with everything that such a characterization entails, positive and negative.

19. While it had a couple of funny episodes, I personally have had funnier experiances at the dentist. Compared to good comedy like old SNL or Laugh In, they got nothing.

Rock on
    Eric

20. Marcus Willett

Marcus Willett Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2005
    Palm Bay, FL
    Endorsing Artist: Bag End - Dean Markley - Thunderfunk
    I think it takes some people a while to "get" Seinfeld. This is not to impugn anyones' intelligence or sense of humor...it's that the Seinfeld style of humor is not for everyone, and with many it takes time. I used to think it was "OK", but that's about all. Now I think it is F'in brilliant, especially after seeing some of the DVD extras and really understanding where Larry David is coming from. My girlfriend doesn't "get" Seinfeld (she thinks it's pointless and juvenile)...I'm trying to get her to let it grow on her, but it's a hard sell.

Maybe it's a "guy" show....