Seismic Audio amps?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by godlikenothing, Jun 1, 2003.

1. godlikenothing

May 25, 2003
    I was looking though eBay and I came across some really inexpensive amps. They seem to be made by Seismic Audio, which I have never heard of before and I couldn't find any reviews for on the internet. I was just wondering if anybody has ever had any experience with these amps and if they are decent amps or just get-what-you-pay-for pieces of crap? They are only $160 so I was thinking of just getting one anyway because even if it is crap, a 4x10 cab for that little is still pretty damn good.
  2. godlikenothing

May 25, 2003
    i'm going to bump this up because I'd really like some opinions
  3. I bought a 210 from them (400rms) and a 115 from them (300rms) and the results i have gotten were VERY good, for the money its incredible....or at least i like em. really cheap...really fast gettin there, and really good sound, specially when stacked (of course). just me 2cp
  4. Nick Wagner

Nick Wagner

Feb 24, 2003
    WA, USA
    bump, im interested to know nore input as well.
  5. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    mee too! I just may get the 310,and 210 for ***** and gigles!
  6. Wesley R

Wesley R Supporting Member

cabs. Sounds way better than I expected, definatly sounds as good as several major brands (granted lower end stuff) that I tried.) the particle board or whatever is 5/8" and is thinner than I would have bought if I had more money. I had to scrape to get this. The cab works really well with the head that I am using. When funds loosen up, I will either get another 2x10 or a 1x15.
    It came 1 day early and was boxed & packed really well. The cost including shipping was 1/2 or less than most used 2x10's for sale in the erea. My assumption is that resal will be whale poop, especially % of investment lost. In reality I think I have around $113 or something into it including shipping.

Best of Luck,
    wesley R.
  7. hawaiianbass

Jul 23, 2006
    Laramie, Wyo
    I bought a 4x10 and a 1x15 not to long ago. I haven't been able to try them out since I live in a dorm and my RAs would kill me if I brought my amp. I'm excited to try them.

8. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    pulled the trigger on the 310 cab. $320 u.s. shipped to my door. we'll see....
  9. xflint

Jun 20, 2008
    just bought a one fifteen from these guys. 8 ohms rated at 300 watts (500 peak)
    spent a buck fifty including shipping.

so far the thing works great tandem with my 410 cabinet. nice even tone.

plus it's light as hell, easy to transport.

and it arrived in just two days from when i placed the order.

i'm quite pleased.
  10. zao144

Jul 6, 2008
    Lodi, New Jersey
    i own a 2x10. the sound is awesome. It's no GK, or anything but i've used mine for practice and live gig's. They are definitely worth the money. :)
  11. ERIC31

Jul 1, 2002
    Maricopa, AZ
    I just ordered a 1 x 15 from them. Looks like a good deal to me and people seemed pleased with their quality at this level.

12. ERIC31

Jul 1, 2002
    Maricopa, AZ
    All right. UPS delivered my 1 x 15 cab this afternoon. 2 days ahead of schedule I might add.

It was well packed in foam and cardboard. Perfect, new condition. Nothing loose either.

I think it sounds great for the price I paid for sure. Hooked up to my Behringer 300T and my other 1 x 15 it produced serious thump! (I'm finally getting the full 300 watts at 4 ohms) No tweeter so it was just low end! (my other cab has a tweeter) It handles the low B on my OLP 5 string just fine. I've never had any high end equipment so I guess my ears are not spoiled by that expensive stuff.:D

I'm very happy with this cabinet and will probably get the 2 x 10 one next time out.

I recommend it to those of us who do not have any sort of high budget for gear.:bassist:

13. Bassforyourface

Dec 17, 2008
    any idea how much it weighs? you said "light as hell" which makes me think around 50-60? couldn't find a weight anywhere online
  14. jufros

Nov 24, 2008
    I'd just like to say that I'm extremely please with my 2 Seismic Audio Cabs. I have a 4x10 and a 2x10 and they sound a lot better than cabs that are marginally more expensive. They're not amazing sounding but I'd say that they are definitely definitely worth the money if you're on a budget and need a fast rig for beating around at gigs.