Seismic Audio & G-K speaker cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by YosemiteSam, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Anyone have experience with these? They're all over eBay. I'm looking for a decent 2x10 cab and these guys have one (loaded) for about what I'd expect to pay for an empty cab.

It'll be paired with a G-K 1x15" bottom. Alternative is a G-K 2x10, for $100+ more.

While I'm on the subject, is the G-K "Backline" series a "reduced cost" version of their regular line? On Musician's Friend they have (at least) 3 different G-K 2x10 cabs, from $150-$375 (210BLX, 210BLX-II, 210SBX). Are the lesser priced G-Ks still decent?

-- Sam
  2. Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    The lower end GKs are still quite good cabs from what I've seen. Basically the difference is porting and drivers. The SBX line are all sealed, the RBH are ported and have higher rated drivers. The BLX are the same as the SBX but don't have a horn.

I've played through a 700RB-II into a 210/115 SBX setup and liked the sound a lot. I've also heard a 1001RB-II through two RBH 410s, that was a beast.

Never heard the BLX cabs, but if its true that they are the same as the SBX line they should have a nice tight low end sound and work well as long as you don't feel you need a horn.
  3. Thanks for the info.

Any word on the Seismic cabs?

-- Sam