selecting jazz p/u's is sooooo hard for me

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by WillySanchez, Jul 24, 2002.

1. I need new jazz pickups...i have emg's right now..and i just dont like them. i dont know anyting about pickups. like first of all...when i buy my pickups..will the pots come with them? or not? and if they do i know what kind of pots to buy?

and now for the question....i play with my fingers...and i dont slap or anything...i need a nice clanky tone, shimmery highs. i need it to be super twangy. and there were probably a million questions like this already...but i figured id personalize this question...and i checked out the bass p/u shoot out at bass player magazine....and im still decision-less. those stats mean nothing to i dont know what they all mean to me.
  2. LM Bass

LM Bass

Jul 19, 2002
    Vancouver, BC

I really like Aero Instrument jazz bass pickups. You can find the link at
    Best of luck with your search!
    Laurence Mollerup
  3. I dunno, but I got EMG Vintage Jazz, and they have an active "hush" circuit, so you can have yer pups at different volumes and get NO hum at all. Get yer shimmer from EQ and adjust your pickup volumes for the tone that suits you- within the parameters of the pups, of course. It's all trial and error, no two ways about it! Jaco said it's in your hands...