Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

selection of a new bass.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Godoshi, May 24, 2005.

1. Godoshi

Godoshi

May 24, 2005
    Since I live in Australia and sort of have a limited pocket. Well I've been doing a little bit of searching around and i've been wondering in comparatives between two Basses.

There is the Yamaha RBX-270 and the Ibanez SRX-300 which I have my eyes on. I'm not an advanced Bassist and still at the learning stages, however, I will need a bass that would be convenient for gigs if the band I'm in ever lift off the ground.

I've been using a family member's acoustic bass guitar since he is a country person. Which one of these base guitars would be suitable for, rock/metal/heavy metal? If not these, what bass would be recommended?

I would also like to know if it would be worthwhile to get my hands on a Behringer UltraBass bx1200?

2. I'd go with the Yamaha out of those two.

I've got the RBX170 and it's been great - especially considering how much I paid for it.

3. Jmann

Jmann

Apr 29, 2003
    Lexington, Ky
    I say yamaha...

and STAY AWAY FROM BEHRINGER! nothing but trouble from the ones i used...

4. Godoshi

Godoshi

May 24, 2005
    thanks for the input, i guess I'll check out the bass amps section for the decision on an amp.