1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

selection of a new bass.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Godoshi, May 24, 2005.

1. Godoshi

Godoshi

May 24, 2005
    Since I live in Australia and sort of have a limited pocket. Well I've been doing a little bit of searching around and i've been wondering in comparatives between two Basses.

There is the Yamaha RBX-270 and the Ibanez SRX-300 which I have my eyes on. I'm not an advanced Bassist and still at the learning stages, however, I will need a bass that would be convenient for gigs if the band I'm in ever lift off the ground.

I've been using a family member's acoustic bass guitar since he is a country person. Which one of these base guitars would be suitable for, rock/metal/heavy metal? If not these, what bass would be recommended?

I would also like to know if it would be worthwhile to get my hands on a Behringer UltraBass bx1200?

2. I'd go with the Yamaha out of those two.

I've got the RBX170 and it's been great - especially considering how much I paid for it.

3. Jmann

Jmann

Apr 29, 2003
    Lexington, Ky
    I say yamaha...

and STAY AWAY FROM BEHRINGER! nothing but trouble from the ones i used...

4. Godoshi

Godoshi

May 24, 2005
    thanks for the input, i guess I'll check out the bass amps section for the decision on an amp.