Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Self appointed,Temp Coolest Bassplayer...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by christos, Mar 18, 2002.

1. Just had to tell everyone, my SKB roller rack came in. I put some cool things in it too, Juice Goose power distributer, Korg rackmount tuner, Shure UT-14 wireless, my Bass POD and a 2 rack space drawer for misc. stuff... I really customized it the way I installed the POD and wireless, I can't wait to show the guys at practice. I only have one plug anymore, no more looking for places to set up, just 1 itsy-bitsy plug. Oh, Happy Day...:D

Yes if you hear me play, you will say "WOW, He sucks!", but if you see me play, I will be "The Self Appointed Coolest Bassplayer!"

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    GEAR PIG!!!! :D

i love it, man, rack-town is a beauty place to live, eh? :D

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I'm gonna be headed to rack town shortly myself!
    Gonna need one too. Gotta Carvin Poweramp under an Eden WT-300 (preamp section only), then this summer, a wireless rackmount, then an industrial strength compressor, and finally, a power conditioner.

Sigh...so little money...

4. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Show us pics of your (new) rack :)

5. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    Christos,
    I see you did leave room for the "Play Like Tony Levin" rack effect!!! It's a must have!!!

I'll be waiting for a pic. How did you get the POD in there?

Sounds like you've got a nice set-up going there. I may be making a trip to Bass Palace once they get the Aguillar DB750s in. I'll let you know.

Rock on with your bad self!!!

6. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    i need to get a big fatty 8 or 10 space rack with wheels so it's harder to bang around.

then i'll get a rack shelf for my compressor
    get a furman PL-8
    some kind of rack tuner (probably a cheap sabine or something)
    put a raven labs MDB1 next to the compressor
    a shelf to hold all my crap
    and maybe even a true blue EQ.

that will be grand.

7. Pics on the way,
    POD installed with velcro,
    Make sure you call if you are hitting the Palace.

8. Racks are really nice. Me an my guitar player's stuff is all in SKB stuff and on our last trip we realized how nice it is to be able to stack everything cleanly in the van rather than having to try to work out where amps and all could go safely.
    Now if we can only do something about those g.d. drums...