Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Self building tube bass amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by nanookanono, Nov 20, 2003.

1. I am going to build my own tube bass amp.

Could you help me to find electronic diagrams or the right thread or internet site who do that.

Thank you

2. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    schematicheaven.com

blueguitar.org

Those are good places to start :)

3. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
  4. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    I think I just lost about a year of my life. I read your thread title, and thought someone had developed a vacuum tube amplifier that was progressively building itself. I was in a panic... I was afraid that one day, we'd have an Arnold-esque Terminator running around with a Fender label.

In response to your question, try

www.duncanamps.com

This site helped me immensely when I built my tube amp. Check out the tone stack simulator. :cool:

5. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    Yea, me too. :oops:

6. As you say HollowMan227, the fact is… this self building amp I look after is nearly the same type as the gypsy mutant one, vacuum cleaner who dances lascively on an autumn night camp fire in Chunga's revenge ( Zappa 71 ).

Any way, , thank you for the good time laughing. There is nonsense as my English is approximate! Apologize

Thank you for the replies,
    threads seem to go far ahead ….

In fact, Me and Hervé ( the guitarist whom I play with ) want to build an Amp for my bass teacher.

It would be nice of you to tell about your experience if you have any idea about building such gear. Hervé usually built guitar tube amps, but he is not used to bass.