Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Self Esteem

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Murtz, Jul 3, 2001.

1. Murtz

Murtz

Jun 27, 2001
    Well iv read the tab and listend to the song i dont egt it. How does he get the tone so light? (seems so for me :( )

anyways this kight not be the right forum either but i couldnt fiind any where better to psot it :D

2. ? what tab and what song?

3. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

IN reference to what cephas said - Guess what? Not everyone listens to the Offspring!!!

I guess you're referring to the tone during the verses where there are breaks without instruments playing/rests in the bars while the vocals continue.

First off, you can sound pretty much any which way you want in a pro studio. Secondly, most pro rock players these days use about half a Guitar Center's worth of pedals/boxes. The way the verses launch into a loud, full blast chorus, he has to use pedals to do the song live and stay faithful to the recorded version.

But, if I were going for that sound live, I would think flatwounds with the bass's treble and mids boosted and the bass dropped off somewhat. On the amp, I'd EQ it flat.

A lot of that woody sound is simply the particular woods used on the bass and top quality pickups that let those tonal qualities come through.

4. Murtz

Murtz

Jun 27, 2001
    Thanks u have helped me alot :)