Self...Outing! A Confession.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by P. Aaron, Oct 21, 2005.

1. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

'Kay, I've been here a while spoutin' my simplistic opinions. But I have been living a lie to you here at TB.

For a while now, I have been rehearsing, playing gigs and getting paid as the bands Guitar Player...not the bassist.

I enjoyed my 3+ year stint of playing bass and will do it again if the circumstances where right. But at this particular point, I enjoy playing the guitar very much.

I have NO INTENTION of giving up my bass gear, or my lovely P-Bass. It's just too beautiful and special, and I still practice quite alot.

But I apologize for living this lie with you all for so long. I ask not for forgiveness, but understanding (except for my political adversaries in TPA :spit: ).

P.S. I still double the bass player on his bass lines once in a while just to remind him I AM listening.

P. Aaron
  2. Murf

Mar 28, 2001
    Hey whatever floats yer boat..its all good :)
    I've got a mate who is an absolute animal of a rock bassist (plus he has all the stage moves to back it up as well) and he loves bass with a passion..however inhis day job in a pro gigging band he plays guitar ....I asked him once which he preferred playing bass or guitar and his reply was "I dont care as long as I cant make a living doing what I love" playing music

(of course unfortunately he got more gigs as a guitarist/frontman than a bassist/frontman :( ...typical but thats the covers scene for ya.
  3. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I was going to say "Gay is Okay"...

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

5. I wish you luck with you new life style. As long as you are happy with what you are, that's all that really matters. ;)
  6. is this a "Goodbye talkbass" thread?

either way...we love you no matter what your instrumental preference is...
  7. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I don't know if you remember the TBer Xush or not, but he is not only a killer bass player with some VERY lovely toys, but for the past few years he's been ripping it up as his band's drummer. A VERY good drummer, at that. Hell, I'm even looking at playing guitar when I start up my next band, in spite of my wonderful new bass gear.
    Point being, you're still a bass player, and you'll always be a bass player to us. Enjoy.
  8. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Why such hate for guitarists? Just because they're self-centered jerks who think the band begins and ends with them? Just because they think that shredding sucks unless they're the one doing it? Just because they buy their clothes in places like Hot Topic and the girls' section of the Gap?
  9. You are dead to me.

10. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Ya, why don't you eat a baby while you're at it?
  11. Ray-man

Ray-man Guest

Sep 10, 2005
    Gas up the dinghy and go fishin' with Fredo...

P. Aaron, you used to be special to me. A harbor in the storm.

I've been looking for a guitarist, and I know you'd be a good one, but I ain't movin' to Detroit. :D
  12. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Guitar player. :eyebrow:

Explains a lot, actually. :scowl:

13. malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    [tongue in cheek] And to think we actually let you hang out at Low Down Sound. I feel used. What's next.....Munji declaring his love of sax? JT taking up viola? Adrian Garcia clearing out his inventory and announcing the grand opening of Access Cowbell? Oh, the horror!!! [/tongue in cheek]

14. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND

Priceless :D :D
  15. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
  16. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    not really. It's all music and art, as well as having fun. No need to ask for clemency. :D
  17. Don't worry,one of my best friends is a guitarist, and I can stand him for a few hours.
  18. P. Aaron

Naw, I wouldn't say goodbye unless y'all wanted to kicked me out.
    Playing bass has actually made me a better guitar player because I know if I am too loud...and if I am, I actually turn down. :eek:

I am encouraging our bass player to turn up and play more!
  19. Ray-man

Ray-man Guest

Sep 10, 2005
    I would never want you to go anywhere, P. Aaron. You're one of the ones that make sense.

IMHO, you are forgiven for being a gui----, guit-----, g---, one of those.
  20. P. Aaron

Sing along with John Entwistle & the rest of the band:

"You are Forgiven! You are Forgiven"

We can of course debate whether I make sense or not.