1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Self-reversing vasectomy..?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bassteban, Dec 23, 2006.

1. :meh: :eyebrow: :eek:
    This procedure used to involve cutting & tying the vas deferens(sp?), & occasionally the ends of said article untied themselves & re-connected...
    Again, I say: :meh: :eyebrow: :eek:
    So my wife's at the Doctor yesterday, & when the Doc asked the usual 'what method of birth control are you using', wifey says 'he's fixed(paraphrasing here)'. Doc: 'You know sometimes those things grow back...'
    :confused:

The current method, as I understand it, is to cut & REMOVE a section of the vas, tie & electrically CAUTERIZE(ooh, that smell)the ends of the ol' fish run. My question is this: Has this method(#2)to anyone here's knowledge, be it rumored or otherwise, ever been known to reverse itself???

2. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    if it did me thinks you'd have a mighty good law suit and the kids life would be well taken care of.

i know nothing about this stuff. i shouldn't be responding, but...

i saw the movie Hard Candy the other day. Interesting flick. I don't think the kind of work done in that film reverses itself.

3. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    Must we have another vasectomy thread? :crying:

4. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I've heard that one gets a bit heavy for the paedo, I'm assuming he loses his nuts?

5. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I can't say for sure but I think I've heard my wife say that something like that can happen. I'll have to ask her later (she's a doctor).

bc

6. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    If you actually saw that flick, you'd notice that she never actually cut him...after he gets up off the table and looks down, what does he say? "All here".

And that movie blows.

7. v-12

v-12

Mar 3, 2005
    FL Panhandle
    i've heard of it growing back, but its supposedly rare. i guess the longer that you have a vasectomy, the less sperm your body will naturally produce, since it has no way to get rid of them- which is why not all surgical vasectomy reversals wind up working.....
    when i had my vasectomy the doc also installed small clamps on either end, just in case. :cool:

8. :eyebrow: What could be worse than a self-reversing vasectomy!!??

Maybe a self-reversing bullet....:rollno:

9. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Well, I tried to ask my wife today and there were 9 people in the kitchen and we were all cooking at the time. I think she said something like "If it wasn't done all the way" but then I wasn't able to ask her any more because it was too hectic.

bc

10. jsbass

jsbass

Sep 3, 2006
    WI
    Wow, another vasectomy thread? You guys just can't get enough can you :D.

11. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    There are 3 methods of clipping the vas deferens, tying the ends, clipping the ends, and cauterizing. In the cases of clipping anf tying, they can grow back together. In the cases of cauterizing it is very very rare. My doc clipped and cauterized, double action there!!!!

The human body has an uncanny knack of healing itsef. The vasectomy is one of the rare instances where it is not in our favor.

You usually have to sign a release saying you know it can grow back together so no lawsuits will stick.

12. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    We went over this in health class the other day - theres a 99.7% chance that it will not reconnect itself.

And...there you have it :p

13. Thanks one & all, & sorry to the squeamish. :) The reason I ask is that I found out my wife was pregnant about a week after the aforementioned procedure(this was awhile back; the 'surprise' is now 18 months old). :meh: No, I didn't forget about 'bullets in the chamber'- she was knocked up prior to the vasectomy(sorry- said it again). We had relied on the 'rhythm' method for 16 years, w/mostly:eyebrow: good results; we lost one about a year earlier, then Sophia Elise came to town. :) <--- sincerely
    Just as sincerely, this girl does not need another sister! :D

Attached Files:

14. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    I recently had the cauderization done and was warned, although extremely rare, that it could reverse itself.

I have a question for those of you that have had the procedure:
    How was your "local" pain killer administered? I have had many procedures done over my lifetime and was always aware of the pain meds being administered by needle or through an already present I.V.

For this procedure I was given neither (didn't realize until I thought about it afterward) and although I didn't jump off the table, I did feel the cutting (although the cauderizing didn't bother me....except for the sizzle and smoke :eek: ). Just curious.

15. :rolleyes: I don't remember! It must have worked though, because I definitely would have remembered any pain. I wasn't scared or really all that nervous; I was ready to not have any more kids...
    :scowl:

16. v-12

v-12

Mar 3, 2005
    FL Panhandle
    they injected a local, but it wasn't near enough, and it first it hurt like a s.o.b.! after getting another quick shot i could only feel pressure, but having to smell the cauterizing kind of grossed me out! the other option was a pill of some sort, possibly combined with the shot, but the doctor didn't like to do it that way for some reason....

17. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    The oldest boy is 9. We tried for years for #2 and almost gave up until he showed 7 years later (Surprise!!!:eek: ). We barely had him out (he just turned 2) and we were pregnant with #3 (Bigger Surprise!!!!!:eek: :eek: ). She just turned 1. We finally got our girl. :smug:

I wouldn't trade them for anything, but three is definately enough. :p

Attached Files: