1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sell Ampeg BA-112 for BA-112V2?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Trundle, Feb 5, 2016.

Tags:
  1. I just use my BA-112 for practicing at home. Although if I upgraded I would consider bringing it up to my church for the services so I can actually feel the bass, which is so much better. Would I get much more out of the V2? Anyone previously upgrade in the same scenario and notice much of a difference? Or is it pretty much the same?

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    You get 25 extra watts out of the new one, but that mostly manifests itself as extra headroom. It does, however, have a nifty little overdrive built into it and a monitor style tiltback. It also dropped the style switch...I was never that big a fan of that switch but some folks liked it. I think you would definitely like the V2, but I probably would have been happy with the V1 if I had one.

sushirocks likes this.
  3. Thanks for the input! :D

4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I actually prefer my older unit to the new ones, overall. I wouldn't consider it a big upgrade.

5. 70s Custom Mod

70s Custom Mod

Sep 3, 2016
    Since this is the most recent BA 112 thread I've found, I thought I'd add my 2 cents. I was disappointed with my BA 112 v1 output level (EQ'd all at 12 o'clock) when I first got it home. It sounded good at GC, but I wasn't the one setting the controls. However, I found I could get a lot of increased output by adjusting the tone controls. The manual says there is a 15-18dB increase available for each control, over and above the 12 o'clock starting position. 30-36 dB overall each. I found this made a large difference and have been happy with it since.

It has a nice tone. The strange thing to me is the higher output bass amps I've tried in the store don't sound as good and they have more of an "airy" sound to me. Difficult to explain, like they're driving a lot of air I can hear (and feel) rushing past me.