1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Sell or Trade a Custom Hollow body Fretless .

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Heavyonion, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Heavyonion

Heavyonion

Jul 20, 2012
    I made a hollow body Fretless bass a year back and I don't play it much. I really would like to trade it for a Nice new or like new Laptop. I am looking for a laptop prefer 17" screen(15" if nice) with at least an i5 processor or Quadcore. I will also sell it for $1,500.00.The bass took me a little over a year to make<I allowed each step to cure for months. It has a Purple Heart top and back, a Wenge' neck and a Gabon Ebony finger board. The sides are figured Walnut. The bridge is also Gabon Ebony. It has Spertzel tuners, Kent Armstrong Humbucker Split coil pickup, Bartolini 2-band eq, 18volt battery compartment, Neutrik Locking jack and DR Sunbeams strings. It includes a hard case and strap. The finish is rubbed oil and wax. It is a very nice high quality bass that is looking for a good home were someone will really play it more. I do have more pictures and will send to those interested.
    Thanks for your time.

Attached Files:

2. btbraden

btbraden

Sep 9, 2005
    Oroville, CA
    Wow nice build any interrst in a straight sale

3. MVPBASS

MVPBASS Banned

Oct 29, 2010
  4. Heavyonion

Heavyonion

Jul 20, 2012
    Sure! The price is $1,500.
    Thanks,
    Heavyonion

5. Heavyonion

Heavyonion

Jul 20, 2012
    Sure, will send some later tonight after work.

6. ICUPatNIGHT

ICUPatNIGHT

Apr 27, 2009
    This bass plays beautifully. It sounds excellent as well. The action is perfect and you will not find another like this one.

7. Heavyonion

Heavyonion

Jul 20, 2012
    Updated Post Price $1,500.

8. Col E Loc

Col E Loc Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Weight?

9. Heavyonion

Heavyonion

Jul 20, 2012
    Maybe 7lbs, probably less. When you strap it on to play you don't even notice it. Very light!! It really is made pretty close to a traditional Acoustic. 1/4 inch top and back and the core was cut all the way through leaving only the sides at 5/8 inch thick.