1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Sell synth chain effects for Future Impact? Help!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jazznrick, Mar 11, 2018.

1. So I started my synth journey with a Broughton Synth Voice, Shoe Pixel, Mxr Envelope filter and an EHX Canyon Delay. I have no interest (except maybe the Broughton) in using these when I'm not playing synth bass. If I sold them I could afford the Future Impact and having less pedals would make my anxiety go down. any thoughts?

hintz likes this.
  2. Sounds like a plan to me

I’m running a deep impact right now and would like to move to a future impact soon

Waltsdog and jazznrick like this.
  3. After listing all my pedals and seeing what they're worth I've decided to give my mom a 500 dollar airline voucher and buy the Bananana instead

Shadowkast, Blu bro and Waltsdog like this.
  4. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Chamonix Mont-Blanc
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    I like the Future Impact and I like Bananana mini-synth pedals. For me, in the mix, I have a tough time getting multiple pedals right in creating a synth effect. The all In one is much easier for me.

5. Tori2013

Tori2013

Aug 28, 2015
    Raise $299, buy a Korg Monologue and your search for a synth pedal is over.

ole Jason and mam1862 like this.
  6. yaksonator

yaksonator Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Branson, MO
    Yeah, I bought the minilogue. My bass synth journey ended after that.

mam1862 likes this.
  7. But then you’re playing keyboard and not bass, yeah?

mam1862, jazznrick and brianmharrison like this.
  8. Tori2013

Tori2013

Aug 28, 2015
    You're playing bass. Just not on a guitar.:thumbsup:

Shadowkast, mam1862 and Stefmeister like this.
  9. hintz

hintz

Jun 5, 2014
    wahiawa, HI(Oahu)
    I'm thinking about doing this as well. Aside from the demos which have me super impressed, I've read the the FI can do chorus, phase, delay and apparently has a built in tuner (?!).

I'm hoping to get my board as small as possible with as many sounds as possible and hope this is the ticket. If the future impact indeed does all that it's said to do I hope to have on my board only this, the SA aftershock and a tech 21 midi mouse and compression.

jazznrick likes this.
  10. mam1862

mam1862 Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Northfield, Ohio
    The Korg Minilogue is pretty sweet. I just got one and it sounds great.

jazznrick likes this.
  11. Bassheart365

Bassheart365 Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2014
    Northern California aka Paradise
    "Jazz is not dead. It just smells funny."
    I ain't sittin' behind a keyboard like a girly-man. Buy a Future Impact and have more fun. Playing bass. Like a real man. With a synth pedal.

12. Playing keys is the real answer if you're serious about synth bass. I've never really understood why bass players are so resistant to it.

13. AngelCrusher

AngelCrusher Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2004
    Mesa Boogie, Tech 21, Taylor
    Main question is what kind of synth sound do you want?

I personally like the warm Moog sound, so I bought 3leaf pedals and that solved it for me.

Pedals like FI are killer, but you will still need to dial up the tones and remember all the settings. If you want a more EDM style synth sound or even some FM synth, then the FI will do a lot more crazier stuff.

The 3Leaf pedals I use on their own as well, so I don't just fire them all up in a synth chain.

the baint and jazznrick like this.
  14. Tori2013

Tori2013

Aug 28, 2015
    Nope, you play your synth kinda like Geddy. With MIDI pedals while you play your bass.

wmmj and arrowsun like this.