1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sell the warwick and get something else?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by badboy1984, Apr 25, 2010.

1. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Currently only down to 3 basses becasue i just sold a Squier CV 51 P bass before. At the moment only got a Fender Classic 60 Jazz, Warwick Corvette and Peavey Grind 6 string.

I don't know why but i got this idea that i could sell the warwick for something else like a musicman or a fender precision.

I like warwick bass but feel like getting something else would be better than having 2 jazz style of bass. The fender and warwick got J-East preamp on it but the fender i spend more adding the stuff than the warwick. Consider i bought the warwick second hand so i won't loose alot of money when resell the bass out.

Any idea is this a good step?

2. milo

milo

Jul 22, 2004
    slovenia
    DON´T

3. I would lose the Peavey before selling the Warwick
    Just because 2 basses have J style pickups does not necessarily mean they will play/sound the same
    I have a US Fender Jazz and a Washburn/Status headless that uses 2 J style pickups
    the Status electronics make the headless sound nothing like the Fender

Is the Corvette passive or active?
    I would at least keep one of them passive and the other active
    and trade the Peavey towards a MIM P-BAss, SBMM Ray34 or a used SUB

4. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    The warwick is complete active and hi fi. EMG pickup and J-East.

Also the Peavey is 6 string and only recently bought so i'm not really thinking about selling the peavey. I guess i should keep the warwick and leave the gas list

5. One Q: Is the Warwick's neck wenge?
    If so, keep it; if not, sell.

6. Sbociol

Sbociol

Feb 24, 2009
    this.

7. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    the warwick is a year 2000 made in germany. so i not too sure what spec it is.

8. I sometimes think about cashing in my Warwick Thumb... I bought it from the US for a good price and could sell it on in Australia for some good money. I always back out though. I think I would really miss the tone and feel of it.

Personally, I would say 'don't do it', especially if you're on the fence about it. If you really have no love for it though, then it's time to go. Only you can really answer the question.

9. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Columbus, IN
    I Channel Surf During Commercials. (Drives my Wife CRAZY!!!)
    Most likely Ovangkol neck with Wenge boards. You could post it for a Trade and see what pops up. I'd keep the Warwick before the Peavey, but I understand it still has "Newness". That too will likely pass...But I'm biased towards Warwicks.:smug: