Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sellers look here for directions on posting/resizing pictures!!!

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Ty McNeely, May 7, 2004.

1. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    This was something I posted in another thread that needs to just be stuck to the top of the forum. I think the directions are pretty clear, but anyone feel free to add to this thread or tell me something I need to edit in this post and I will do it!!

DIRECTIONS FOR EDITING PICTURES TO MAKE THEM SMALLER:

Almost every Windows user should have a program called "Microsoft Picture It!" If not, stay tuned for a different way to resize.

Find the picture that you want to post on your computer. RIGHT CLICK on the picture, move your mouse over "Open With" and select "Microsoft Picture It!". Once Picture It is open, go up to "Format" and click "resize image." Make sure that the "Units" are in PIXELS. Whichever is larger of the two (height and width), click that number and put in 600. The program should automatically resize the picture and maintain the proportions. Click "Save As" if you want to keep the original picture, and place a "1" after the file name.

For those of you WITHOUT Microsoft Picture It, you can use Microsoft Paint. Find the picture on your computer and move your mouse over it to figure out the dimensions. Whichever of the two numbers is larger, figure out what percentage of that number is equal to 600. For example, say the picture is 1024x768. 55% of 1024 will equal 563, which is below the limit for pictures. If you don't want to do the math, just guesstimate the number. Use the same "Open With" method described above, except open with Microsoft Paint or "Paint" this time. Once open, go up to "Image" then click "Stretch/Skew." Put in whatever percentage (i.e. 55% from the example above) in BOTH boxes in the "stretch" section. Save the picture.

Now, everyone should be able to post a picture. I don't know about Mac users, but there has to be similar programs that allow image editing. Just find ANY image editor and change the size to BELOW 600x600.

In case you didn't know, down below each post you make there is a button that says "Manage attachments." Click this, then click Browse. Find the picture that you want to post and click Open. Then click upload to upload the file to your attachments. It will automatically post itself in the thread.

I hope this helps anyone who has questions about posting and resizing pictures. It can be difficult for those who have never done it before, but hopefully these instructions will make it easy for everyone :)