Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

selling basses info

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by warwickben, Apr 16, 2005.

1. ive made a few eurb and a few fretless basses. id really liek to start macking custome eurb. i just wanna know how i should go about finding customers . iam extremly tired been up for 24 hours so sorry if this isnt the right place.

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Get a website displaying examples of your work, past and present, put up basic pricing information, learn how to spell, offer to loan out your basses to local bassists for feedback and reviews, learn how to use grammar, make sure pictures of your work are detailed, and if at all possible available in high resolution.

Attractive shots are the front and back of the body, the neck joint, the headstock, the back of the neck, and closeups on any inlays you might have done. A shot of your headstock joint, be it a scarf, volute, or just string spacers to get downpressure, would be advisable. Learn how to spell, make sure customers understand what you have to offer as a luthier, and maybe put up your philosophy behind building, tone woods, pickups, and the like. Learn grammar. Put up contact info (cell, e-mail, fax if you have it) and contact hours.

I usually find a luthier more interesting when they have thier thoughts on the process up. Like Chris Stambaugh has on his website. His is an exemplary site as far as content goes. He could use some help on his pictures, but other than that, he's spot on.

And, last but not least, learn how to spell and use grammar. Seriously, nobody is going to buy a bass from a person who can't write three coherent sentences. If you're otherwise incapable of doing so, get someone else to do it for you. I cannot stress this enough.