Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Selling my ampeg combo, need pricing help.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Casey C., Jul 16, 2002.

1. Casey C.

Casey C.

Sep 16, 2000
    Butler, PA, USA
    I'm wanting to sell my ampeg B-100R combo amp. I have had the amp for almost 2 years. I bought the amp from Daddy's UGBM when they were still doing mail orders. The amp is in good condition. It sounds great. I'm going to put an ad in my local paper to try to sell it soon and I need some help deciding on a price. I think I bought the amp for $450, maybe less. I dunno, some help would be nice.:)

2. I see the B100R sell for between $250 and $350 all the time depending on two things. First, overall condition. Second, how desperate the seller is for $$$. Personally I bought a second-hand B50R for $211 delivered. It was in gem-mint shape and sounds damn fine for that few dollars.

3. Casey C.

Casey C.

Sep 16, 2000
    Butler, PA, USA
    well mine's pretty much like new, it just needs cleaned though. I'll put it up for about $350 OBO, that should be good.

4. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    I bought mine for about $190.00 in perfect condition, but that was sort of a freak thing.

Personally, I plan to be buried with mine someday, but hey, if ya gotta sell it, ya gotta sell it.

I'd say $350.00 is a good list. A savvy buyer won't pay it, but what the hell.

5. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    They're almost $500 new (the price keeps going up). $300-$350 is probably reasonable. I can't see me ever selling mine, it has a vibe I love. I got mine, in mint condition, for $250 a couple of years back. They've increased dramatically in popularity.

6. ohmanohjeeze

ohmanohjeeze

May 6, 2001
    tucson, az
    i'm actually about to sell mine too, i'm gunna start it off at like 300 or 275 on ebay and hope for the best.
    i love it to death but i am in the worst financial pickle ever, and i have a head but no cabinet.

7. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Financial pickles suck.

8. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Just curious PB, why wouldn't a savvy buyer pay that much? If you can get a like new one for $150 less than the selling price of a new one, why is that a bad thing?

I consider myself reasonably savvy and, barring finding the usual freak deal that I do, I'd buy one for that if I didn't have the luxury of time on my side.