1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Selling my Pod XT Live for single effects?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by wdinc01, Mar 7, 2008.

1. wdinc01

wdinc01

Nov 19, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    I want some advice as to whether you all think that this is a good move to make. I'm thinking about dumping my Pod XT Live to go with single effects. I'm going to play around with it more now that I actually have a bass, but for the most part this thing just sits next to my computer. However, I do play around with it while I'm surfing the web, either on guitar or bass.

But I'm really trying to put my focus towards my bass playing right now. And I'm really thinking about getting a EHX Memory Man with Hazarai, a Barge Concepts VBF-2 and some kind of overdrive or fuzz pedal (I'm still looking for the right one). I've also searched through here and I was really looking to get the Hazarai for looping capabilities. I've seen people say it's a basic looper, but honestly, what other features on a looper would I need besides looping?

So any advice? Should I go ahead with it? Or should I just save up my money (I make roughly $100 a week) and keep it? And what other effects should I consider getting (I know I should get a tuner, and I'm thinking about a volume pedal)

Thanks in advance

2. King David

King David

Dec 13, 1999
    Indiana
    Keep the POD for the modeling, tuner and volume pedal. That alone is worth the price. Add whatever effect you want to it.

3. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    Yes. It does work great as an external soundcard/recording interface.

4. wdinc01

wdinc01

Nov 19, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    That is very true, and I do use it as such. But I don't use it for modeling since I don't have the bass pack, nor do I want to drop $100 for it.