1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Selling my X Factor . . . .maybe . . . .

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Steve Clark, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Steve Clark

Steve Clark

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    I may have a buyer for my X-Factor from 1988. I need some guidance on what the going price is for one of these. It has been checked over by a guitar tech who thinks its in great shape. Even the neck is very straight. Body is virtually in mint condition. I do see some on ebay but not many pre Fender like mine is. Any input on a value would be appreciated. Look forward to hearing from anyone.

2. well i bought a '89 fender (1516) make about 3 months ago here in aus for $2000aus. knocked down from $2400, but a prefender's are like the holy grail now a days, considering not many people sell them but keep them, as it didn't take long for fender to fenderise them :shudder: but id say rougly the same price as mine, mines in aobut 8 of 10 condition as stu used to take a little of the varnish stuff off the back of the neck (which feels great) and theres a chip in the paint at the neck join and some of the coating has come off the controls, but its great,

Cheers heath

BTW: what color is it?

3. Are the pre-Fenders supposed to be better than the post-Fenders then? (i.e. the ones made after Kubicki separated from Fender again)

4. from what ive heard the prefenders are the best sounding, i think the newer kubickis have altered the preamp a little, but phil does sell the preamps to replace the fender ones, as fender did change it from a 6 way sector to a 4 way, taking a passive and active setting away, which i found in a jazz in town, a jazz special? i think, MIJ made, with a considerably thinner neck and two fender lace single coils