Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Selling my X Factor . . . .maybe . . . .

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Steve Clark, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    I may have a buyer for my X-Factor from 1988. I need some guidance on what the going price is for one of these. It has been checked over by a guitar tech who thinks its in great shape. Even the neck is very straight. Body is virtually in mint condition. I do see some on ebay but not many pre Fender like mine is. Any input on a value would be appreciated. Look forward to hearing from anyone.

2. well i bought a '89 fender (1516) make about 3 months ago here in aus for $2000aus. knocked down from $2400, but a prefender's are like the holy grail now a days, considering not many people sell them but keep them, as it didn't take long for fender to fenderise them :shudder: but id say rougly the same price as mine, mines in aobut 8 of 10 condition as stu used to take a little of the varnish stuff off the back of the neck (which feels great) and theres a chip in the paint at the neck join and some of the coating has come off the controls, but its great,

Cheers heath

BTW: what color is it?

3. Are the pre-Fenders supposed to be better than the post-Fenders then? (i.e. the ones made after Kubicki separated from Fender again)

4. from what ive heard the prefenders are the best sounding, i think the newer kubickis have altered the preamp a little, but phil does sell the preamps to replace the fender ones, as fender did change it from a 6 way sector to a 4 way, taking a passive and active setting away, which i found in a jazz in town, a jazz special? i think, MIJ made, with a considerably thinner neck and two fender lace single coils