Selling online?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Fretless5verfan, Aug 13, 2005.

1. Ok, i'm in a tough situation. I need to sell a bass (i won't actually mention the make and model because i don't want to break that new rule) to get cash for a fretless i'm having made. I can't post an ad on here because i don't have the ability to be a supporting member :( I tried selling it on E-bay but being that it's my first time selling anything on there i had no feedback and it didn't sell :crying: . I checked on and E-mailed the only two people on there with want ads for it but didn't get a response from one and the other had already bought the bass he posted the ad for :bawl: I thought of selling it to bass emporium, but they would have to steal it from me to make now what? Seems like i'm screwed. Does anyone have any advice?
  2. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    If you posted your own "For Sale" ad on, you could have people coming to you for your gear, as opposed to the other way around.
  3. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    why don't you have the ability to support?

if it's a real personal issue, PM. i might be able to help.
  4. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    PM me the link to the auction, I'll take a look and give you some tips.
  5. I can't post it again because i'd be in the hole over 20 bucks to e-bay and that'd be sucking away much needed money. Instead I think i'm just gonna bite the bullet and shortchange comcast on my cable bill so i can get a supporting membership. I'd rather not waste this bass on evil-bay anyway. I'd much rather make a TB'er happy with it than some random guy.
  6. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Send the link anyway, I can give some helpful advice.

Also, eBay usually doesn't charge for relisting if your item doesn't sell.