1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

selling price?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jaworski, Mar 6, 2003.

1. jaworski

jaworski

Aug 18, 2002
    hey there

i've recently decided to sell my amp but don't know what to sell it for. i got it second hand with my bass for $500. it's a 50w Laney Bass amp (forget the version) and has been pretty good so far but for me it's just too big and whenever i have the volume/bass up loud i get these weird vibration sounds on different notes so i want to get a retail amp that's smaller and has a clearer sounds(no matter the volume). i don't know what i should sell it for, so any help/info would be greatly appreciated...

thanks in advance

2. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    search ebay, harmony central, bassgear.com, musicgoround.com and the TB classifieds.

If you live near a Music Go Round or Guitar Center or similar, ask them what they'd buy it for...then double it.

It makes my head spin when I walk into a Music Go Round and find nice gear at pretty good prices, then realize that they only paid 40 - 50% of what they're selling it for. I bought a nearly new Acme B2 a couple of years ago for $150...that means that they paid about $70...for a cabinet that cost $480 not too long before that...amazing.

Good luck!!!!