Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Selling Rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Deman669, Jul 24, 2001.

1. Hey everyone:
    I have a few questions about selling my rig.

First - I have;

Roland DB-500 160 watt combo w/ 12+tweeter

ART Nightbass Multi FX unit 0- 200 presets

X-15 Ultrafoot pedal for Nightbass - 14 buttons, 2 exp. pedals - ability to turn FX on and off like stomp boxes within patches

Korg G5 Bass synth...ultimate synth...9 initial or 9 other presets, all editable.

Also -
    Mitchell 18" PA sub cabinet - for biamping w/ nightbass & Roland for highs

Peavey CS-200 200 watt Rackmount amp for mitchell

That's about it. I was looking to see what you guys thought about selling it. should I sell it as a whole rig? Or sell it all peicemeal? I was thinking of selling all of the FX and the combo piecemeal, and then...well, all of it piece by piece. Is it worth listing it as a whole rig? Are there othe roptions besides eBay? I need to get it sold quickly. I need money to go towards a new, smaller amp. I was thinking a Euphonic iAMP combo, if I can find one. Anyone else have a suggestion on a small, powerful amp? I'm looking for medium volume, good tone, and good portability. combo is pretty much a must, unless there are other suggestions...a good head and 2x10 cab? suggestions? need to keep it for about what I can get for all of the gear. ($1000-$1400) Please help!
    /Deman

2. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Piecemeal will definately take longer. But if you do it as a package then you will get less money. Try Bassgear.com and Harmony-Central for a few days to see how it comes out.

Lotsa folks around here have raved about the combos by Nemesis. Worth having a look and they seem to turn up used, alot.

Oh and welcome to Talkbass.com.

3. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    I'll give ya five bucks, you pay shipping. :p:D
    just kidding

One weird thing i have found:

The more expensive it gear is brand new, the percent of the price brand new is reduced for sale used. (ie, a $300 (price is for brand new in store)peice of equipment may go for 60% of that used, while a $2000 peice of equipment, may go for 30-40% used.) But i probably am wrong.

The roland and 118 may be hard to sell on the net, so you may want local advertising (i.e. flyers near musicstore {i don't think they'll let you put it in the store}, classified listings, etc.)

How much did ya pay for all of the equipment?

4. All together, maybe...around $1000-1100

5. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    did ya buy it new or used?

6. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    i have no idea, i'm not really familiar with that gear. I'm guessing you may get $250-350 for the roland, $150+ for the peavey, $150+ for the 118 sub, and the rest i don't have a slight clue.