Selling Rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Deman669, Jul 24, 2001.

1. Hey everyone:
    I have a few questions about selling my rig.

First - I have;

Roland DB-500 160 watt combo w/ 12+tweeter

ART Nightbass Multi FX unit 0- 200 presets

X-15 Ultrafoot pedal for Nightbass - 14 buttons, 2 exp. pedals - ability to turn FX on and off like stomp boxes within patches

Korg G5 Bass synth...ultimate synth...9 initial or 9 other presets, all editable.

Also -
    Mitchell 18" PA sub cabinet - for biamping w/ nightbass & Roland for highs

Peavey CS-200 200 watt Rackmount amp for mitchell

That's about it. I was looking to see what you guys thought about selling it. should I sell it as a whole rig? Or sell it all peicemeal? I was thinking of selling all of the FX and the combo piecemeal, and then...well, all of it piece by piece. Is it worth listing it as a whole rig? Are there othe roptions besides eBay? I need to get it sold quickly. I need money to go towards a new, smaller amp. I was thinking a Euphonic iAMP combo, if I can find one. Anyone else have a suggestion on a small, powerful amp? I'm looking for medium volume, good tone, and good portability. combo is pretty much a must, unless there are other suggestions...a good head and 2x10 cab? suggestions? need to keep it for about what I can get for all of the gear. ($1000-$1400) Please help!
  2. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Piecemeal will definately take longer. But if you do it as a package then you will get less money. Try and Harmony-Central for a few days to see how it comes out.

Lotsa folks around here have raved about the combos by Nemesis. Worth having a look and they seem to turn up used, alot.

Oh and welcome to
  3. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    I'll give ya five bucks, you pay shipping. :p:D
    just kidding

One weird thing i have found:

The more expensive it gear is brand new, the percent of the price brand new is reduced for sale used. (ie, a $300 (price is for brand new in store)peice of equipment may go for 60% of that used, while a $2000 peice of equipment, may go for 30-40% used.) But i probably am wrong.

The roland and 118 may be hard to sell on the net, so you may want local advertising (i.e. flyers near musicstore {i don't think they'll let you put it in the store}, classified listings, etc.)

How much did ya pay for all of the equipment?
  4. All together, maybe...around $1000-1100
  5. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    did ya buy it new or used?
  6. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    i have no idea, i'm not really familiar with that gear. I'm guessing you may get $250-350 for the roland, $150+ for the peavey, $150+ for the 118 sub, and the rest i don't have a slight clue.