Selling stuff on ebay...little help!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by kirbywrx, Jan 2, 2004.

1. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    well im selling my freinds collection of beanie kids on ebay

anyway this is the first thing that i have put up there, and theres something im not to sure about. postage and handling.

so when the auction is over, the buyer will email me with their adress. now i have said i will pay postage and handling. but how do i find out how much it costs to send? and one more thing, if i say that the buyer is gunna pay for postage and handling, how do they do it? if the item has to leave my hands, i still have to pay for postage and handling dont i? or do they re-imberse me later on?

damn modern technology, too advanced for its own good :rolleyes: :D

2. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Yeah, you need to figure out the postage beforehand if you're going to ask them to pay. Then you just include that in the price that they pay you afterwards and you can just say what the shipping cost is going to be in the auction. It's customary for the buyer to pay for shipping. In America if I'm going to send something by US Mail then I can go to the post office and just have them tell me what it will cost to ship. If I'm sending it via FedEx or UPS I can use the shipping calculator on those companies' websites.

I think Smash just said all that....except with fewer words.

brad cook