Selling the Warwick, now what?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Hofbrauhaus, Feb 22, 2005.

1. Hofbrauhaus

Feb 10, 2002
    Upton, MA
    The title says it all. I decided to pull the trigger and put my Warwick Streamer LX5 up for sale. I just feel so much more comfortable playing on my SR5. So once the Warwick sells I'll be looking to add a new bass to my arsenal and have narrowed it down to either a Lakland Bob Glaub (Skyline) or a 5-string HH Bongo. I know these basses are totally different beasts (which is why I will own both someday) my question to you is if you had the choice, which would you purchase FIRST and why? I need to cover many different styles in the jazz big band here at college, and to tell you the truth I am quite happy with how my SR5 sounds for most of what we do, especially if I pluck near the neck. However my SR5 is a total slap machine too so I'm torn between whether I want to use it for what it does best, and get the Glaub for the jazzy ballads, etc...or if I want to get the Bongo and use that as my main "can do it all" bass and string the SR5 with TI-flats for whenever I need a mellower sound. I know I can easily make either work, I'm just curious as to which you would buy first if you planned on owning both eventually. All input is appreciated...sorry for the long post, thanks!
  2. darkfish01

Feb 11, 2005
    San Marcos, Tx
    Me being the thrifty guy I am, I'd say just hold off and use your SR5 exclusively. But if you were to get one of the two, I'd go for the Bongo. It's well rounded and can deliver in whatever you want to do with it.