1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

semi hollow amazingness

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mellowgerman, Feb 25, 2008.

1. mellowgerman

mellowgerman

Jan 23, 2008
    Orlando, FL
  2. I've always loved the idea of Eastwood basses, they've got that cool quirky old stuff style but with a bit of modern design sensibility. Joey has some good bass face goin' on haha.

Unfortunately I've yet to try one, has anyone here tried one?

3. Marcury

Marcury High and Low

Aug 19, 2007
    Mid Hudson Valley, NY
    That's pretty sweet. It's a lot like the old Hofner Club bass, I saw one of those at the GC in Manhattan. Eastwood makes great stuff, I really like their version of the Ampeg AEB/AUB1 if I'm ever rich enough to buy stuff just to collect I'd get one of their EUB1s.

4. Looks and sounds like a nice addition to the arsenal - with some cool sounds for short money. Can you say - Tax Return :bassist:

5. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    I'm not gonna even try to watch the video. My computer will explode.

Is it the Classic 4? If so, I own one, and it's my main 4-string.

6. pjmuck

pjmuck

Feb 8, 2006
    New Joisey
    I'd love to get that, or the Gretsch Broadkaster copy they make too.

But be careful with Eastwood. I own a couple of their instruments, and their quality ranges from very good (Korean made stuff is good ) to very poor (Chinese made). My Chinese made Hi Flyer is really awful: neck pickup slides out of it's cover; poor fretwork and sloppy rough carving of pickguard; and one tuner's in a brushed matte finish while the rest are shiny chrome!

7. mr sprocket

mr sprocket

Jul 31, 2006
    Dallas
    Yep the Classic 4. Makes me want one even more.

8. mr sprocket

mr sprocket

Jul 31, 2006
    Dallas
    It comes in White with gold hardware now!!!

9. iamthebassman

iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Austin,Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Phantom Guitars, Eastwood Guitars
    I wanted one till I saw that guy playing one. I wish I hadn't seen that video.