semi hollow basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tabasco, Sep 13, 2005.

1. tabasco

Sep 13, 2005
    alright hello, this is my first post here so the subject might have been discussed before. I m considering buying a semi hollow bass , that Asat from G & L specifically. What 's the thought on semi hollow basses at high volume? Does one not get larsen every time the bass faces the amp?
  2. I have a semi-hollow Reverend Rumblefish (with the stock, hot, Kent Armstrong pups) and I've never had a feedback problem.
  3. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    I have 2 Reverends, and a Jack Casady hollowbody, and have feedback problems with none of them, even at stupid volumes...

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I wouldent worry about it with the G&L Semihollow ASAT since it has a solid center core.
  5. tabasco

Sep 13, 2005
    thank you. yes, larsen = feedback! i was thinking in french.
  6. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    I have a semi-hollow DiPinto Belvedere, which has very hot single coil pickups. I've played it at several rehearsals and gigs, and only got feedback once: when I was using an overdrive pedal at high volume and had the pickups facing an Ampeg 4x10 cabinet from about two feet away. So go for it; the semi-hollow vibe is awesome, and that G&L is a great way to get it.