Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

semi hollow basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tabasco, Sep 13, 2005.

1. tabasco

tabasco

Sep 13, 2005
    alright hello, this is my first post here so the subject might have been discussed before. I m considering buying a semi hollow bass , that Asat from G & L specifically. What 's the thought on semi hollow basses at high volume? Does one not get larsen every time the bass faces the amp?

2. I have a semi-hollow Reverend Rumblefish (with the stock, hot, Kent Armstrong pups) and I've never had a feedback problem.

3. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    "Larsen?"
    I have 2 Reverends, and a Jack Casady hollowbody, and have feedback problems with none of them, even at stupid volumes...

4. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I wouldent worry about it with the G&L Semihollow ASAT since it has a solid center core.

5. tabasco

tabasco

Sep 13, 2005
    thank you. yes, larsen = feedback! i was thinking in french.

6. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Philadelphia
    I have a semi-hollow DiPinto Belvedere, which has very hot single coil pickups. I've played it at several rehearsals and gigs, and only got feedback once: when I was using an overdrive pedal at high volume and had the pickups facing an Ampeg 4x10 cabinet from about two feet away. So go for it; the semi-hollow vibe is awesome, and that G&L is a great way to get it.