For Sale Semi-hollow J-Bass Body, PJ routing

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Sushi Box FX, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Sushi Box FX

Sushi Box FX Supporting Member Commercial User

May 23, 2020
    Chicagoland, USA
    Sushi Box FX, owner
    Price:
    United States
    This is a custom body I had built for a parts bass that I put together and didn't fall in love with like I wanted to, so parting it out.

The body is mahogany with a walnut top, finished in Wudtone "Acapulco Gold". It's in great shape, never gigged, only played a handful of times, spent its entire life as a glorified wall decoration. Asking $160 paypal'd and shipped.

Why so cheap?
    1. The builder that made the body drilled the bridge holes (drilled for Hipshot KickAss 4-string bridge) for me and they are not centered, so with the bridge mounted in those holes I had to slide the saddles all the way over to get them to line up with the neck. Someone more comfortable with woodworking would either want to fill these and re-drill or just mount a different style bridge on it to cover the holes.
    2. The main reason I had a falling-out with the builder was the hole under the bridge for the grounding wire. When he was drilling it his drill bit snapped, and he LEFT THE BROKEN PIECE IN THERE and shipped it to me without telling me, then got weird when I called him out over it. The broken piece is long enough that it bottoms out inside the control cavity so I couldn't get it out and ended up re-drilling the hole next to it, which is why the hole is larger than you would expect.
    3. The body is routed for PJ pickups, but the builder didn't use standard placement for the routes so if you buy a J-bass guard cut for PJ pickups then it won't fit. I made a pickguard (I suck at woodworking but I have a CNC machine) that fits it that I can include either for use or for a reference to make your own pickguard. The pickguard is powdercoated aluminum with laser engraved artwork.
    Overall it's a great looking body with a lot of potential if you're comfortable doing a little work on it. You can post here or message me directly with any questions.

Oh and weight is 4lbs 7oz with the pickguard, 4lbs 1oz without.

IMG_20220113_225719.jpg IMG_20220113_225705.jpg IMG_20220113_225747.jpg IMG_20220113_225857.jpg

2. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Is it a Rosser body?

3. Sushi Box FX

Sushi Box FX Supporting Member Commercial User

May 23, 2020
    Chicagoland, USA
    Sushi Box FX, owner
    Nope, it's from One Eyed Jack Custom. If I understand correctly he's out of business now.

sunbeast likes this.
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 28, 2022