1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Semi-improv over James Brown "Cold Sweat" drumbeat

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Techmonkey, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Techmonkey

Techmonkey

Sep 4, 2004
    Wales, UK
    The drumbeat was harder to work on on my Alesis than the bass solo was to play :smug:

Sorry about the crap audio, it recorded almost perfect but when I imported into Movie Maker it crapped it up somehow *shrugs*

And btw: I'm no great player, and I don't expect you to tell me I am either. I want you to tell me how I can improve - I've not been playing 2 years yet and I'm entirely self taught so I'm sure I've picked up on too many bad habbits already :scowl: :(

2. I think you've already got a good sense of groove.

It's usually the other way around when i see videos of people playing, but i thought your slapping sounded tighter than your fingerstyle playing.

I suggest working on your fills and maybe playing along a metronome. Still, that was a good job. Keep on practicing

3. Rhythmbug

Rhythmbug

Jan 22, 2006
    London UK
    Mate I really dug that, you've got some feel & groove goin on there with good direction in your playing. Especially if you've only been playing 2 years. And good choice of song!!

4. seventhson

seventhson Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Dude, you're a natural! That was great!

5. JHL

JHL

Apr 8, 2005
    London, England
    You can always get rid of bad habits... I'd recommend getting a good teacher tho.

6. bassist15

bassist15

Mar 6, 2006
    Indiana
    MY computer is really slow and its loading slow but it seems awesome. Ive been playing for almost 2 yrs now also . Youve got a nice bass for only been playin for a short time. Very funky stuff. Way to rock the Fro' too!