Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Semour Duncans for Warwicks?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by B.C., Jun 29, 2005.

1. B.C.

B.C. Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Indiana
    I have a Warwick Corvette F.N.A. Jazzman with a Duncan Preamp. I have heard great things about Duncan pickups in Warwicks and I am thinking about replacing the M.E.C.S. Any body with Feedback? Thanks. :eyebrow:

Brandon

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

read frequent posts about MEC's in Warwicks being replaced but, for whatever reason, invariably it's with EMG's it seems. Don't know if Warwick offers EMG's as an option but I've gotten that impression due to the frequency for them as replacements.

I've had quite a few SD pups, some I like some I don't. But other players installing them in a given bass with consistently positive response is about as good an idea as you can get without actually doing it yourself.

3. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    I've heard good things about Bass Lines in Warwicks..

4. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    I think this might be more with other Warwick basses that don't use a MM style pickup. I don't think EMG offers something that will drop in an FNA, but I know SD does.

I know B.C. personally, and have played his bass. I have to say, after reading a lot of the posts here, I was prepared to think the MEC's were just "good", but was actually pretty impressed with their tone. I'd imagine the SD's would be more scooped/modern sounding with a more agressive tone, which is what I read a lot about them.