Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Send it out or work on it yourself....

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by midnight, Jan 2, 2001.

1. I have a Yamaha BB1200S neck-thru bass w/ active electronics. I'm unsure of age, but I estimate build year of 1985 or so. It still plays *amazing* for a 15+ year old instrument, but I can tell it needs a tune-up. The intonation is a bit out, electronics are slightly buzzy, and tuners are soft. Chrome needs polishing and pickups need to be cleaned. Can I do all this work myself with accuracy, or should I send it out to get it setup by a pro? I'm mechanically inclined, but by being mechanically inclined I respect the notion that some things are left to experts who have the appropriate equipment and knowledge. How much should I expect to pay and should I just take it to Santa Fe (closest town) or ship it to a true expect in Los Angelos, Miami or some other place where experts abound?

Thanks,

Richard

2. I would suggest that you take it to a shop in Santa Fe, there should be a good shop in a city that size. There should be some players here that could make a recommendation.