Send me your old strings!

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Alex, Jan 8, 2006.

1. I have this grand scheme in mind.....Just plz send me all of your old, dead strings. It's just $0.35 for postage

I will post the finished project when I finish.....IF I finish ;)

PM me for address

Thanks

~alex

Edit : I read about the Madagascar string thing, and I've decided that that is a better cause than this one. sorry if you were really excited about sending me strings.;)

2. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    There was a thread just like this about a year ago.. trading old strings..

Good idea.

3. Except I don't want to trade them....

4. You guys are so ungenerous!

5. Is it some kind of art project?

6. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

If I send my old strings to Madagascar so unwealthy bass players can make music, it's a valid reason to pay postage.
    What's yours ?

7. ?

8. kinda :D :ninja:

9. Maverick Blues

Maverick Blues Being a Thumper is all about ATTITUDE!

Apr 28, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    I'd love to know where you're getting thirty-five cents. I know about Media Mail and Bulk Printed Matter... is there some secret "Old Dead Strings" rate I don't know about? :p

Anyway... can you use cr*p strings? I very quickly broke the G in the original set that came on my Kramer beater bass, so the other three aren't dead, but they're not worth much as strings either. I think they're still floating around here somewhere.

'rick

10. crap strings are great! I'm fairly sure that a stamp costs 0.35? You should be able to fit a few strings into an envelope, eh?

11. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Massachusetts
    You're not making something ILLEGAL are you? I nor my strings will partake in such activities!

:mad: :scowl: :eek: :eyebrow: :rollno:

....unless there's a profit percentage, royalties, guarantee that I will be spared during the bloodshed, that sort of thing... :ninja:

12. Maverick Blues

Maverick Blues Being a Thumper is all about ATTITUDE!

Apr 28, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Don't mail much, do ya. :p

I'll look around and see if I can dredge them up for you. If I still have them I'll shoot you a PM to get your address.

'rick

13. BillytheBassist

BillytheBassist

Aug 18, 2005
    Texas
    lol... I threw away about 3 years worth of old reboiled string's last week. :ninja:

14. dang

15. No need to worry unless you have something against PEANUTS........

:rollno: :( :spit: :bawl: :oops: :scowl: :D :bassist: ;) :ninja: :p :bag: :cool: :help: :rolleyes: :crying: :mad: :hyper: :eek: :smug: :meh: :) :eyebrow:

JK

16. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    That was way more smilies than necesary :(

Are you making a bracelet or something? I think people just want to know waht you are doing, no need to be dificult about it, tahts not how you get people to send you free stuff.

:).

17. bass_drum

bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    Alberta,Canada
    yah...what exactly are you doing?

18. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Massachusetts
    Stamps are $.39 now. They just went up..plus a padded envelope. I wouldn't put them in a regular unpadded, they might arouse suspicion :)

19. eots

eots

Dec 18, 2004
    Morris, IL.
    I've got several (4-7)used sets. Thought about doing some of this
    http://guitarstringjewelry.com/
    But for $7 I'll send them so you can try. Sounds like the bass version of 'locks of love'.
    PM me and I'll go see how many sets I have.

20. :ninja: