Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Send me your old strings!

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Alex, Jan 8, 2006.

1. I have this grand scheme in mind.....Just plz send me all of your old, dead strings. It's just $0.35 for postage

I will post the finished project when I finish.....IF I finish ;)

PM me for address

Thanks

~alex

Edit : I read about the Madagascar string thing, and I've decided that that is a better cause than this one. sorry if you were really excited about sending me strings.;)

2. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    There was a thread just like this about a year ago.. trading old strings..

Good idea.

3. Except I don't want to trade them....

4. You guys are so ungenerous!

5. Is it some kind of art project?

6. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

If I send my old strings to Madagascar so unwealthy bass players can make music, it's a valid reason to pay postage.
    What's yours ?

7. ?

8. kinda :D :ninja:

9. Maverick Blues

Maverick Blues Being a Thumper is all about ATTITUDE!

Apr 28, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    I'd love to know where you're getting thirty-five cents. I know about Media Mail and Bulk Printed Matter... is there some secret "Old Dead Strings" rate I don't know about? :p

Anyway... can you use cr*p strings? I very quickly broke the G in the original set that came on my Kramer beater bass, so the other three aren't dead, but they're not worth much as strings either. I think they're still floating around here somewhere.

'rick

10. crap strings are great! I'm fairly sure that a stamp costs 0.35? You should be able to fit a few strings into an envelope, eh?

11. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    You're not making something ILLEGAL are you? I nor my strings will partake in such activities!

:mad: :scowl: :eek: :eyebrow: :rollno:

....unless there's a profit percentage, royalties, guarantee that I will be spared during the bloodshed, that sort of thing... :ninja:

12. Maverick Blues

Maverick Blues Being a Thumper is all about ATTITUDE!

Apr 28, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Don't mail much, do ya. :p

I'll look around and see if I can dredge them up for you. If I still have them I'll shoot you a PM to get your address.

'rick

13. BillytheBassist

BillytheBassist

Aug 18, 2005
    Texas
    lol... I threw away about 3 years worth of old reboiled string's last week. :ninja:

14. dang

15. No need to worry unless you have something against PEANUTS........

:rollno: :( :spit: :bawl: :oops: :scowl: :D :bassist: ;) :ninja: :p :bag: :cool: :help: :rolleyes: :crying: :mad: :hyper: :eek: :smug: :meh: :) :eyebrow:

JK

16. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    That was way more smilies than necesary :(

Are you making a bracelet or something? I think people just want to know waht you are doing, no need to be dificult about it, tahts not how you get people to send you free stuff.

:).

17. bass_drum

bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    Alberta,Canada
    yah...what exactly are you doing?

18. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Stamps are $.39 now. They just went up..plus a padded envelope. I wouldn't put them in a regular unpadded, they might arouse suspicion :)

19. eots

eots

Dec 18, 2004
    Morris, IL.
    I've got several (4-7)used sets. Thought about doing some of this
    http://guitarstringjewelry.com/
    But for $7 I'll send them so you can try. Sounds like the bass version of 'locks of love'.
    PM me and I'll go see how many sets I have.

20. :ninja: