1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sending fanmail, anybody do it?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by santucci218, Jul 16, 2008.

1. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    I got the craving to send a fan letter, maybe with some questions and such, to a musician that i really admire. He is famous enough that i don't know how it works. Sure I can find his address online, but is it really his? Also, does all the mail actually go to him? Or would somebody else get it and throw it away?

Anybody know how this works?

2. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Don't worry, you can just e-mail me instead!

:D

I'd say just go for it, worst thing that happens is he wont get it, or just not reply.

3. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I think it's sweet that you want to send John Turner a letter on his birthday. Although I hear that since he became Forum Administrator, he gets the normal mods to screen his mail for him.

4. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    haha, big jt's b day.

Well, decent advice on writing a letter and just sending it, but i figured i would ask if they even get them first, let alone if anybody reads them. Anyways, i could write it and send it, but i dont want to spend time writing a real nice letter if its going in the trash.

5. IanStephenson

IanStephenson UnRegistered User

Apr 8, 2006
    Depends on what you mean by "famous musician". By using the word musician, sugguests that maybe they're not really THAT famous.

Popstar/Rockstar/Celebreties probably have "people" to deal with that, but I've had personal emails from a few guys that I consider "famous musicians" (including a nice unsolicited one though TB from one of my favourite players). Probably not names that the average guy in the street would recognise, but who've played in name bands that can sell out major venues, and release albums year after year - guys I admire.

6. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    ...its a rockstar.

7. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Sep 17, 2005
    Istanbul
    I sent an e-mail to David Eleffson and got a reply,I don't know if it was him or manager or whoever though.

I also e-mail'ed Billy Sheehan,no reply.I e-mail'ed him again yet nothing.Then I e-mail'ed e-mail'ed e-mail'ed e-mail'ed e-mail'ed e-mail'ed e-mail'ed e-mail'ed.......Yes Mr. Sheehan I'm the psycho fan you have,a proud TB member.:D

OTOH I don't know about sending letters.If I did,I'd send myself in a box I guess.:D

8. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I sent an email to Harry Shearer about bass stuff once and got a reply. It wasn't fan mail so much as I thought I found his bass on the net from Spinal Tap (the double headed one from Big Bottom). I was wrong :(

9. It might help if you tell him you're an 18 year old girl.

10. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    Wait, so does he actually own that? Because that be hella sweet. :bassist:

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 9, 2021