sending my song to friend email

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Fetch Da bass, Oct 17, 2002.

1. I just bought a Boss Br 1180 CD ..Made a quick song then burned it on a CD-R...Now I have it on my computer..I want to send this song to a friend but It isn't working for some reason..How do you go about sending it....I tried to send it as a attachment but that didn't work...Can someone plaese help me out....

Thanks Fetch!
  2. What format is the song on the cd in. Is it in .mp3 format, or is it burned on the cd like a normal audio cd?

If it's like a normal audio cd, then you need to rip it off the cd first using windows media player, or my choice, music match jukebox.
  3. It was burned like a normal CD.. and is now on my computers hard drive. I have real1player......
  4. Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    yeah you have to put in .mp3 format, wav is really to big to email. SO just put it in that format and attach...ther you go. I find that using IM to send music is a smooth method too. Just make sure you keep it in .mp3, if you don't it can be a pretty big file.
  5. Johnalex Thanks....I am a total newbe at this ..what is IM, and how do I go about putting this into a .mp3 format?

6. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Use CDex or EAC to convert it to mp3:

It'll probably still be too large, e.g. Hotmail has a 1.4 or 2 MB limit (I forget exactly).

Use winrar 3 to further compress it (minimal effect) into a MULTIPART archive.

Then send it in 2 or 3 emails.

Or send it via ICQ or another messenger, etc. pp.
  7. JMX thanks. I will give it a try.