1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sennheiser EW 572 - Anyone else using one?

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by da_s_man, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Hey all,

I recently joined a new band that has a high energy live show and figured it was time to dust off the wireless ive barely used since buying near 2 years ago. Plugging it in made me realise why I stopped using it, terrible amount of tone suck.

The unit in question is a Sennheiser EW 572 G3 ( http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheise..._wireless-instrument-systems_ew-500-g3_021304 )

Anybody else using this unit? If so, have you encountered a significant amount of tone suck? Ideally id like to work out a solution that doesnt involve selling it and buying another wireless. Ive been told a buffer pedal may help the overall signal strength and reduce the tone suck by a few people.

Ideas?

-Scott

2. TimmyP

TimmyP

Nov 4, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    I've never heard a complaint about a Senny wireless, especially the 500 series.

Check the cable emulation and gain settings on the pack.

3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    i don't know...i always felt like it was a bit compressed. wouldn't call it tone suck, but i didn't care for it. but it's definitely usable. me, i prefer digital wirelesses like line 6 and brace.

4. Rooster009

Rooster009

Feb 27, 2008
    I'm using one at the moment. Had the akg unit before and liked it a little better just because of the small transmitter. Sound wise though I think the 572 beats it. Check all your settings on the 572 especially the gain and EQ setting as well as the squelch setting.