Sensitive Subject

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by freshmeat1989, Feb 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    He died of complications from a severe beating by a bouncer at a Ft Lauderdale nightclub.
  2. Visirale

Mar 23, 2003
    And I quote The Extraordinary and Tragic Life of Jaco Pastorius ...

"Jaco wandered over to the Midnight Bottel Club, an after-hours bar located in a shopping complex in Wilton Manors, a suburb of Fort Lauderdale. According to the club's bouncer, a 25-year-old martial-arts expert by the name of Luc Havan, Jaco was denied entry becuase he was drunk and abusive. A scuffle ensued. When Wilton Manors police arrived on the scene at 4 am on September 12, 1987, they foudn Jaco lying face down in a pool of blood. His skull had been fractured. Several facial bones were fractured. His right eye was ruptured and dislodged from its socket, and tehre was massive internal bleeding."

"Jaco was officially pronounced dead at 9:25 pm." (September 21, 1987)
  3. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Jaco died Ninja Style...
  4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    -Seems a horrible way to die for anyone. :(
  5. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Australia has just lost a former Cricketer (David Hookes) at the hands of a bouncer. We haven't progressed at all have we?
  6. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    That was pathetic. No other excuse for it. And dont get me started on that aborigianl riot yesterday, that was shocking aswell.

That is a horrible way for anyone to die, bouncers have too much power now a days :mad:
  7. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    As a musician, I spend a lot of time in and around pubs and clubs. The last thing you want to hear is that somebody was killed trying to get in or out of one.

I guess we'll never know what Jaco or Hooksy said or did to agrevate the bouncers, but it shouldn't matter. If you want to work as a security person in an establishment where the trouble makers are likely to be drunk, then learn to deal with drunks. They're not going to be polite and they're not going to be reasonable, deal with it - I do. Bashing them solves nothing.

Pardon my rant but Aussie emotions are a bit high at the moment, especially among cricket fans (which I obviously am).

PS:- I'm not touching the Redfern topic. That potato's too hot.
  8. Agreed. You have to be a total 4$$hole to beat the crap out of a drunk guy, especially if you're a martial arts expert. :spit:
  9. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Jaco has been discussed a million times on here, do a search.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.