Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sentimental Attachment

Discussion in 'Off Topic [DB]' started by hdiddy, Jun 15, 2004.

1. hdiddy

hdiddy Official Forum Flunkee Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2004
    San Francisco, CA
    I just sold my very first electric guitar today (an American Stratocaster) and I kinda miss it. :crying: I havent' been playing it in ages ever since I started jazz guitar and now bass. And though I practically wouldn't ever use it much since I am totally committed to the Dark Side, I can't help but feel a little bummed letting go of a first love.

*sigh*

I can't imagine how you guys can sell your old Kay's and such. Even the A.S.S'es. So how do you guys get over it?

Oh well, maybe this will reinforce my focus on the Doghouse.

2. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    In my case, I got over it by buying a New Standard La Scala. Didn't hurt a bit.

3. Hm. 1966 Fender Jazz w/custom color given to me by my father.................New Standard La Scala.

Tempting......

4. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    Egrets, I've ate a few...

I sold my Kay after I had my current bass for about a year. The Kay was just sitting in the corner, it never got played anymore. It was just one more thing to move around while cleaning the apartment, so I decided to turn it into money.

Of course NOW, Kate and I are going back to Georgia every year or a couple of times a year and I would LOVE to have a plywood with a good setup I could leave down there. I been doing sessions and gigs on a wide variety of badly set up Chinese BSOs, a Framus that had had the bridge put on backwards, etc...

5. hdiddy

hdiddy Official Forum Flunkee Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2004
    San Francisco, CA
    Yeah, At first it was kinda bothering that I let it go, but now it's more that the guitar will come in handy down the road.

But then again the resources could be better spent on an amp since I don't have one yet. AI Clarus. *drooooool*