Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Separate "Show your "____" forum

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Snarf, Jun 18, 2005.

1. Snarf

Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    There are so many of these cluttering up the "Basses" section of the electric bass forum. I think it would really help to order things by having a separate forum for eye candy.

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

If you don't like the picture threads, why don't you just not open them?

3. Snarf

Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    No no no, I like them, it's just there's so many of them with so many criteria that having their own subforum kind of makes sense.

4. so then what do we post in the basses section?

5. Snarf

Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    Not all threads in the basses section are devoted to bass pics . . .

Forget it. Someone delete this thread. Didn't know there would be hostility toward a simple idea.

6. no dude i totally wasnt trying to come off as hostile and im sorry i did i just dont think there would be enough traffic to warrent two forums

7. Snarf

Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    Really? I think of TB as ridiculously high traffic. Guess that comes from only going to really tiny forums.

Ah well. Here's to an idea poorly hatched.

8. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    P-KAAAWWWW!!!!

Cluck cluck...

Lookit that beautiful shiny egg. Very nicely hatched.

[​IMG]

Well guys, it looks like we're all in this together!

Personally, I thought it was a good idea but it might be a tad difficult to implement at this point without losing everything we have already.

Having the thread stickied is a good thing but it sure would be great if everything was cataloged. You know, had some order to it so we could go directly to a specific brand or model or etc., etc.

It's a great idea but how could it be done?

Any ideas?

:D

Joe.

9. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Hey, man, I intended no hostility. I was genuinely curious as to why they bothered you.

10. Snarf

Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    They don't bother me at all. I rather like them. It's just that there's a whole lot of those threads, and without being catalogued or at least stuck in their own little space, it seems rather chaotic to have them floating around in the "Basses" section. I just think a new "Eye Candy" section would make it a lot easier to find exactly the GAS you want.

That said, I'm insanely OCD. I have to wash my hands almost every 1-2 hours, or else I get edgy.

:ninja:

11. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    there is, it's called the talkbass gallery

http://www.talkbass.com/photopost