1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

September - Earth Wind and Fire

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Folmeister, Dec 9, 2006.

1. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    Gahhhhhhhhh!!!!! I have to whip this out for an audition in a few days and the chorus is driving me nuts! I never have this kind of problem! All of the tabs I could find don't really seem right. Can anyone give me a heads up on this? Thanks!

2. Wasabi1264

Wasabi1264

Oct 3, 2004
    President: MusicDojo.com
    Do you just need the notes for the whole song, or just the chorus? Are you doing it in the key of the record? If so, I can help you out with something close enough to do well on it.

3. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    We play a version of this - it's on an mp3 on our website (check 1st link in sig). I don't have it in tab, do you read notation? I can scan it and email if that would help.

4. Folmeister

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    I just need the notes of the chorus

5. Folmeister

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    Great demos! O.k., give me the notes you play in chorus, I know it starts B - F# - E, then there is this three note run right before you descend to the F# and up to the A. What are those three notes? I keep coming back to B-C-C#, but I have doubts!

6. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Chorus on my chart is played (two bars here, which repeat):

1__&__2__&__3__&__4__&__1___&__2__&__3__&__4__&__
    B_____F#_E_____B_____B __C#_G#_E_____F#____A_____

So the last three notes are played on the bottom string(s) if you have a 4 string, starting with low E, and they're smack on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th beats of the second bar. Hope this helps. (NB The G# is low G# on the E string, fairly obviously when you try to play this as written here.)

I've always thought the line sounds a bit weird when you're playing on your own, but it fits when you're playing with a band perfectly.

7. Folmeister

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    Thanks!

8. dabass

dabass Gold Supporting Member

Sep 27, 2005
    NYC
    Hey, check on Sheet Music Direct...Sheets are $5.00