1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sequencer software that can export tab from MIDI data

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Rickter, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Rickter

Rickter

Nov 30, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    Title kinda says it all. I'm trying to research and find a sequencer/recording package which can export the MIDI tracks I might build to tablature (not just notation or scores). I'm not against the idea of using multiple software packages to accomplish this, but something self contained would be more ideal. It appears that Cubase 10 Pro has a way to do it via its scoring feature. What other recording packages out there offer a feature like this?

2. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    Two I have:
    Presonus Notion
    Band in a Box BIAB

I tend to use biab as it has some basic lead sheets.

3. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    Yes

4. Rickter

Rickter

Nov 30, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    Thank you. Presonus Studio One had been an option I was considering, so if Notion can export tab from MIDI tracks there, then that would definitely be worth considering.

5. Rickter

Rickter

Nov 30, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    So far the only other option of "included" charts and tab is Cubase 10 Pro. You have to get the Pro version in order to get outside of the "basic" chart export and to get the conversion to tab.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 18, 2021