Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sequencer(?)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bassjamn, Jan 17, 2002.

1. bassjamn

bassjamn

Jan 4, 2002
    San Francisco
    Heya

Lookin for some sort of sequencer(I think) that will allow me to play a bass line say for 10-20 seconds and constantly loop it.

Mainly for practicing, playin a bassline and solo-ing over it ....Anyone have ideas on a good pedal which does this is ?.

Thanks.

2. Hugh Jazz

Hugh Jazz

Sep 13, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    The Boomerang and the Line 6 DM-4(?) Delay Modeler will do fine. I believe someone on the board uses the Akai Deep Impact (Mad Subwoofer?).

Those three are your best options. Of course the price varies pretty significantly on all of these. I'd personally get the Line 6 because you can have different types of delay as well (which I like).

Hope that helps.

3. What your looking for is phrase sampler, my Line6 DL4 has a loop sampler built in it even slows down, speeds up (when recording @ halfspeed) and reverses phrases. It records up to 14 seconds (28 @ halfspeed) and even throughs in an echo effect (up to 800 milliseconds) for recording the preloops or playing over them. Pretty cool.

4. i think you mean the Akai Headrush...( i think)... the Deep Impact is a synth pedal.

5. bassjamn

bassjamn

Jan 4, 2002
    San Francisco
    Thanks for the tips all,

That line 6 looks pretty sweet.

6. Hugh Jazz

Hugh Jazz

Sep 13, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    You're right. Akai Headrush and Line 6 DL-4. :)

7. I seriously dig my Headrush. The DL4 has lots of bells and whistles but I love the simplicity of my Akai. Live, I need the most bonehead simple interface so I don't have to think twice about it. Two buttons, great s/n ratio, 24 seconds sample time....what more do you need? It has filled out our three piece tremendously. Cheap too....I got mine for $150. If there are any users out there, a nifty tip; to properly balance out your bass-sample level run a seperate line out the effect send and one out the dry send. Connect the effect one to the "passive" or hot input of your amp and the dry to the "active" input. You can then use the level control as a blend. If you go mono the sample is sometimes not loud enough....