1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Sequencers!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by farewelltowords, Apr 19, 2009.

1. farewelltowords

farewelltowords

Jul 22, 2006
    Okay, so this might be an impossible thing to do, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Is there any pedal that works like a sequencer and has an input from where you can store loops in real time and then play around with sequences of them?
    For example, just like a loop pedal, you'll record something, then the pedal would save it and you would have 8 slices of the loop where you could stop and start (just like drum machines). Another option would be to record 8 little loops on-the-fly (if it's impossible for a pedal to slice in loop in 8 parts).

2. RCCollins

RCCollins Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2008
    San Diego, California
    sure, any number of sampling grooveboxes can do that. pick up one of those red korg electribes.

or maybe (though not for sure) a boss slicer

3. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    The slicer will record one track and then use its slicing abilities to make a beat out of it but not from the actual loop.

4. farewelltowords

farewelltowords

Jul 22, 2006
    Actually the ER-1 seems like a good thing for this. Have you tried one already? (or anyone else reading this for that matter).
    Do you know some place to find it in Europe? It seems to be out of production.

5. farewelltowords

farewelltowords

Jul 22, 2006
  6. As a previous electribe owner I feel I must warn you it will probablly do what you want, but the recording of loops is not a quick loop-pedal like function for this unit. You won't be able to record loops on the fly and then mash em up.

7. farewelltowords

farewelltowords

Jul 22, 2006
    how does it work then?

when you play through the audio inputs and randomly press the two buttons and then the sequencer buttons, doesn't it slice the audio right away?

8. shineofleo

shineofleo

Jun 8, 2009
    Boss SL-20 Slicer Pedal

But TBH, I don't like the music out of this box...

9. My best advice is to read the manual thats available online. You have to push and hold tons of buttons, even when you get really fast it would take a 30-60 seconds to do the whole thing.