Serek Owners/Fan Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by remcult, Aug 30, 2019.

1. sleddogn

sleddogn

Sep 8, 2013
    congrats on puppy day, oh i guess bass day too, lol:thumbsup:

Midwesterner and wellshuxley like this.
  2. Type-55

Type-55 Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2000
    Michigan
    Puppies rule.

Thumper02 and wellshuxley like this.
  3. Jazzpunk

Jazzpunk Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2021
    Might be a long shot but anyone in L.A. have a 32" scale I could check out? Already in discussion with Jake about an order but would be great to play this scale before ordering. I can provide there beverage of your choice as a thank you. :)

4. Jazzpunk

Aug 31, 2021
    Well that didn't work so just diving in! Putting feelers out for 32" 4 string that comes in under 7lbs. Talking to Jake about an order but figured I would see if any options are already out there. Jake said Midwestern 2 would be best bet in weight department but open to any models that fit the bill.

On a side note, are we allowed to post a Bass Wanted type ad in the classifieds as well?

5. J_Bass

J_Bass Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Porto, Portugal
    Yes:
    Wanted: Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories

Jazzpunk likes this.
  6. Midwesterner

Midwesterner

Mar 5, 2020
    Well, you could always jump an eastbound freight out of L.A. on the BNSF Southern Transcon route and when you pass through Kansas City, I'll pick you up and you can try my 30.5" & 32"!

All joking aside, I asked Jake when I was deciding between a 34" Armitage and 32" MW2 which he thought was more versatile. IIRC, he said the 32" edges it out as you get increased ease of playability and the majority of what is good tonally out of a 34".

Don't know what you are used to/playing now, but I hope that helps some...

Jazzpunk likes this.
  7. primussucks9126

primussucks9126 Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2008
    Bronx, NY
    Any Armitage (preferably 34" scale with rounds, but I'm cool with anything) owners in the NYC area that would be willing to let me give their bass a whirl?

I can bring my Sacramentos and we can compare em if that would interest anyone.

8. Jazzpunk

Aug 31, 2021
    Nice, thanks!

9. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Massachusetts
  10. wellshuxley

wellshuxley

Apr 16, 2007
    Raleigh, NC
    I’ve spent some time with this bass over the last several days, and it’s killer. Ridiculous fundamental, particularly (as TV Jones claims on the Thunder’Blades product page) when played finger style. Fantastic neck as you’d expect from a Serek.

I’ve confirmed that I love what the Sacramento has to offer, but I just couldn’t get (re)acclimated to 34” scale. I ended up kicking off a very similar new build, a 32” chambered Sacramento with TV Jones Thunder’Tron pickups, with Jake. It’s just a touch pricier than the used Sac I have in hand, though…

I’ll be sending the long scale Sac on its way soon if anyone who can get along better with those extra 2” is interested!

11. ModuMan

ModuMan How many is too many? Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Bristol, CT #19
    Hmmm, guessing the 6-8 week extension of current orders means little chance of a new The Grand run anytime soon.

PeterH likes this.
  12. Midwesterner

Midwesterner

Mar 5, 2020
    There is just something perfect about 32”, isn’t there! I’d never played one before my MW2, but it is a wonderful combination of playability & tone.

You may have to wait a bit, but you’ll know it is EXACTLY what you want &, from my perspective, that’s worth waiting for!

Low8 and wellshuxley like this.
  13. Low8

Low8 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2014
    +1

It's not that long of a wait. Just hang in there, folks... you'll love your Serek!

14. Midwesterner

Midwesterner

Mar 5, 2020

15. Jazzpunk

Aug 31, 2021
    I feel like I could get mad funky on one of those tele basses!

Midwesterner likes this.
  16. GodsLove66

GodsLove66

Sep 15, 2013
    Jake just dropped TWO more Basses available in the instrument section of the site! A "Banana Cream" Armitage, and a Midwestern 1 for those interested.

17. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    Massachusetts
    Screenshot_20211118-201122_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20211118-201129_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20211118-201126_Instagram.jpg

rhythmwiz, PeterH, J_Bass and 3 others like this.
  18. I don't think I've ever seen an Armitage with two pickups. That's really cool!

19. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    Massachusetts
    I've been toying with the idea of sending mine to Jake to add a pickup or two to go along with my reverse power blade.

Ibanezer83 likes this.
  20. GodsLove66

GodsLove66

Sep 15, 2013
    I've seen a couple...but of course they were the typical PJ set up.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 2, 2021