1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Serek Owners/Fan Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by remcult, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Halabja

Halabja

Jul 16, 2011
    I’m so relieved the last two ended up selling, because I was seriously considering buying one for a minute this morning.

The shortscale + fuzz circuit are in the lane of everything I’m doing rightnow.

kazuhank likes this.
  2. sleddogn

sleddogn

Sep 8, 2013
    Kentucky
    stay in your lane Halabja, lol those are cool looking for sure

Halabja likes this.
  3. MG Wolf

MG Wolf

Nov 29, 2014
    Due East
    Let there be SKUZZ! :D

Halabja and kazuhank like this.
  4. kazuhank

kazuhank Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2002
    Portland, OR
    +1

The shortscale Midwestern I am having built will have the diode clipping added. That will check a lot of boxes...at least two.

Halabja likes this.
  5. Halabja

Halabja

Jul 16, 2011
    duuude.. tell me about it!

to make things worse, one of my band’s tracks is called “scuzzy funky drank”, and my main bass is a Gibson LP DC.

ahhh haha. Now I’m gonna be patrolling the site for the next batch however many months down the road.

6. D Bopp

D Bopp Supporting Member

May 26, 2007
    Alpharetta, GA
    So the new Grand bass doesn't have a tone knob? I was looking at the video and half the time he's playing clean and half the time fuzz. Is that switch a treble cut or a fuzz on/off?

kazuhank and Halabja like this.
  7. sleddogn

sleddogn

Sep 8, 2013
    Kentucky
    I've love my eb-11, you ever see one by chance?

8. Halabja

Halabja

Jul 16, 2011
    dude... they’ll do that on a custom order? Ffs... I did not need to hear this! I want a custom Lincoln really badly as it is!

kazuhank likes this.
  9. kazuhank

Nov 12, 2002
    Portland, OR
    yeah, it’s as a push/pull on the tone knob.

My current Serek is a Lincoln. It’s completely badass. It’s like my old Gibson Ripper but with three other killer tones to boot. Jake’s basses are second to none.

Rezdog, Halabja and J_Bass like this.
  10. kazuhank

Nov 12, 2002
    Portland, OR
    It’s a mini 3-way that has: tone open/tone closed/diode clipping - it’s a cool alternative for those that dime the tone knob in one direction or the other...might be maddening for those that like subtle changes.

D Bopp and J_Bass like this.
  11. Halabja

Halabja

Jul 16, 2011
    This is everything I want! Damn, well, I know what I got my sights set on for a self Christmas order!

kazuhank likes this.
  12. kazuhank

Nov 12, 2002
    Portland, OR
    I'm not sure which pickup you are considering, but the two side-by-side singles with the 4-way switching is the most versatile setup I have owned on a pass. That's active or passive. Both neck and bridge pickups work well individually and together.

Halabja, maplebar and saltymonkey like this.
  13. Halabja

Halabja

Jul 16, 2011
    oooo! Noted! I honestly hadn’t settled on what PU I’d be considering quite yet. The bi-sonic pickup is always something of great interest to me, but I’m always generally more a single cool type of guy with guitar and bass.