1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Serek Owners/Fan Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by remcult, Aug 30, 2019.

1. remcult

remcult Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2012
    New Jersey
    I hear you, I agonized over this, especially since the Serek I tricked out was about the same price as a used Skjold I was considering buying. I'm lucky in that a single guitar shop in NYC had one (later two) 4-string basses from Serek for me to play.

Ultimately I ended up reaching out to literally everyone I could track down who had ordered a 5-string Serek (sometimes even just players who I knew had borrowed or played them a few times) to ask them about their experience and what they thought of the bass (including two people who ended up selling theirs, but far more who still have them and use them professionally).

I'd feel weird passing on their info without their permission, but the takes were pretty uniform: they're very comfortable and light. The low B gets a much "tubbier," more vintage kind of sound from the short scale. Most people were still happy with how that sounded except for two players who also own Callowhills, which they felt had a better B that they preferred.

Hope it doesn't come across like I'm trying to sell you on one, but I just don't want anyone to fall into the same anxious GAS pit as me.

But yeah, scout out for anyone in your area who may have one and see if they're open to letting you try it. Some musicians who play one on tour may also come through and be open to you coming by to check theirs out

campersand likes this.
  2. campersand

campersand

Oct 26, 2011
    Portland, OR
    Thanks remcult, I appreciate the info! I'll probably lurk around for a while and see if I can find one to play, like you suggest.

remcult likes this.
  3. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Massachusetts
    Do you have an order in? I am down for an April ship date. Can't wait to hear that it's started.

4. Low84

Low84 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2014
    Phenomenal performances today on CBS... wowzers! Serek Midwesterns up front on national tv. Good for Jake! Happy for him!

JEDI BASS, Microbass, Lakai and 3 others like this.
  5. J_Bass

J_Bass

Feb 7, 2008
    Porto, Portugal
    Anyone know if Serek will be attending the Manchester Bass Show in March?

6. twinfallsbass

twinfallsbass Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2005
    Somewhere in AZ
    Man, I don't know what's better, that guys singing, or that sweet looking bass!

Low84 likes this.