Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

sergio crestana's (moonspell) bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by neptoon, Jun 1, 2002.

1. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    can anyone identify this bass? i'm really not sure what it is. wood top....small body...that's all i know. you can see him playing it in the magdalene video on their website www.moonspell.com thankies very much :D

[​IMG]

2. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    I think that is a Zon Sonus 5.. but then again, im stupid :D

[edit]
    downloading the video now..... i'll post another one after i watch :)

3. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    couldn't see the bass in the video.. BUT.. is aw 2 J looking pickups(Bartolini) turbo configured.. so my guess is going to Zon Sonus 5 Special.. From the body and the turbo configuration.. I have the same bass..

The tone kinda sounds like a Zon as well with the bass a little bit boosted..

4. From seeing the bass a bit in the video, I don't really think it looks like a Zon. I do, however, agree that it sounds somewhat like a Zon, as DM said.

edit: Actually, are we 100% sure that the bass in that picture and the bass in the video are the same? I do think the bass in the picture somewhat resembles a Zon, but I'm not so sure about that in the video. It's a mystery, and I'll work on solving it. :D Wait, that looks like a P in the neck position in the picture. So, I think that means it's not a Zon.

5. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    yeah, it has a pj configuration, and the lower horn is a little downturned, or maybe straight down like a zon...neat bass.....whatever it is....thanks for the replies, guys :D

6. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    hey, DM....i listened to the sound files of your zon on your other thread....nice slappin' jack ;) sounds great

7. dreadhead

dreadhead

Feb 1, 2002
    Europe
    Zon basses always attract my eyes... but where I live I cannot try them... could you send me some impressions? I did listen to your clips... I like the tone! :)