sergio crestana's (moonspell) bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by neptoon, Jun 1, 2002.

1. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    can anyone identify this bass? i'm really not sure what it is. wood top....small body...that's all i know. you can see him playing it in the magdalene video on their website www.moonspell.com thankies very much :D

[​IMG]

2. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    I think that is a Zon Sonus 5.. but then again, im stupid :D

[edit]
    downloading the video now..... i'll post another one after i watch :)

3. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    couldn't see the bass in the video.. BUT.. is aw 2 J looking pickups(Bartolini) turbo configured.. so my guess is going to Zon Sonus 5 Special.. From the body and the turbo configuration.. I have the same bass..

The tone kinda sounds like a Zon as well with the bass a little bit boosted..

4. From seeing the bass a bit in the video, I don't really think it looks like a Zon. I do, however, agree that it sounds somewhat like a Zon, as DM said.

edit: Actually, are we 100% sure that the bass in that picture and the bass in the video are the same? I do think the bass in the picture somewhat resembles a Zon, but I'm not so sure about that in the video. It's a mystery, and I'll work on solving it. :D Wait, that looks like a P in the neck position in the picture. So, I think that means it's not a Zon.

5. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    yeah, it has a pj configuration, and the lower horn is a little downturned, or maybe straight down like a zon...neat bass.....whatever it is....thanks for the replies, guys :D

6. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    hey, DM....i listened to the sound files of your zon on your other thread....nice slappin' jack ;) sounds great

7. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    lol thx

8. dreadhead

dreadhead

Feb 1, 2002
    Europe
    Zon basses always attract my eyes... but where I live I cannot try them... could you send me some impressions? I did listen to your clips... I like the tone! :)