Serial numbers, anyone?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Shomy, Sep 20, 2004.

1. Can anybody tell me where could i find site which deals with serial numbers of basses. I need this because i have problem identifying my own bass. It is 4-string Framus which was made in somewhere circa 73-75. And it is not Star bass. It looks somewhat like Fender Jazzmaster guitar. On the backside of head stock it has a serial# 54033 and a little bit apart a two digit number 73, which probably could be the year of manufacture, but the guy who sold it to me said that it was made in 1975. :confused:
  2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    i'm sure someone knows but if i were you i would do a lot of googling to find out
    some books deal with serial #'s but i've only seen ones for the big companies
    some companies actually keep records
  3. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003
    Framus stamped the date of production after the serial number.
  4. Anyway, I still need the model. It is kinda sad when you don't know your bass's name :(
  5. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003
    Does it look like this 1971 Framus Jaguar Bass?
    Link to Reference

6. Yeah it is the same, only for a few details. It has a white pickguard, a shield over the bridge with big "F" for Framus (something like those you can see on 75 Feder Jazz) and different pups; mine look like humbuckers with 4 screws on them

something like that

Cool, now i know my bass's name :D
  7. Here it is in it's not so full beauty :)
  8. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003

I really like it.
  9. Yeah, i know. And sound is a killer