Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Series/parallel issue,different from a JB

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Le Basseur, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Le Basseur

Le Basseur

Mar 26, 2002
    Croatia
    Got this Washburn Taurus T24 on repair (nut replacement,fret levelling job,other minor adjustments) and the owner began to ask questions..."-..what if we'd try a series/parallel?"
    The idea seems OK (I never liked the way Washburn solved the volume/tone pots issue on these basses-that is,a vol and a tone for each PU),not to mention that the T24 has two passive J-style PU's, but I just wanted to see what you guys reccomend as a schematic.
    The bass has 4 holes and I'd use all 4.
    The pots for the new series/parallel config aren't a problem...I have a push-pull pot (with the DPST piggybacked) saved from an older Warwick,along with some other double-or single pots,different values,either linear and logs.However,I'd not install a dedicated DPST toggle switch because this guy (the owner) deeply hates having a switch "like a guitarist" on his axe.
    Any suggestion or idea are welcomed!
    THX!
    Regards,

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    maybe have vol,blend,tone or vol,vol,tone
    you could use the fourth hole as a dummy knob, with it's only function being the push/pull series/parallel