1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

series/parallel/phase switch

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by RyreInc, May 11, 2006.

1. RyreInc

RyreInc

May 11, 2006
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Hi everyone, this is my first post here!

I am getting a new bass soon (Carvin 5-string bolt-on kit), and have been planning on installing a series/parallel switch. Now, I have the idea of getting an on/on/on switch and adding an out-of-phase option in parallel mode. I know phasing cuts out a lot of bass frequencies, but if I can still use the pan control, then I can tame that effect. First of all, would this even work? Would out-of-phase in series be a better idea (I don't think I could use the pan control in series...)? And, has anyone tried this??

2. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    I did my jazz bass during the late 70s with a series and out of phase switch. The out of phase sound was useless-too thin. Don't know if the pot to fade it in would work. I never tried it.

3. RyreInc

RyreInc

May 11, 2006
    Kalamazoo, MI
    I should add that I really want only one switch, so a switch for series parallel and another for phasing is uncool. If an on/on/on mini switch doesn't work, would a MM-style switch get the job done? And, where can one buy these switches?